Time to make lemonade out of lemons!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

We wouldnt take a 19mil cap hit. That hit includes his prorated bonus we have nothing to do with. We'd force him to sign a new deal anyway in a trade and backload the contract so he'd never see the end. The overall numbers would be high but manageable for a few years.

Think about it, the only way to effectively deal with Brady, Brees, Manning, etc. in the playoffs/SB is to get a good rush with 4 ala the Giants! Wimbley and Freeney would give us that. Well worth it for the next few years!

If Freeney is cut, he's taking a paycut whether he likes it or not.

And not for nothing, we were willing to give Mario the bank (not Buffalo's bank). Ignoring last season since Mario was hurt, his last 2 healthy seasons he had 17.5 sacks and 3 FF's. Freeney - even with almost never a lead and no teams needing to throw giving him fewer opportunities than usual, had 18.5 sacks the last 2 seasons and 7 ff's. I'll take Freeney in a contract that pays him now and we can get out of in a few years. I'd love to see Freeney chasing Manning in the playoffs!!!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Meh...

Only 2 of them were worth it. Myers and Wells.

Hardly anything that holds us back much.

We got lucky with Mario Williams signing with the Bills.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I would agree with second part, but the Packers seem to make it work. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a d*ck.

4. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

not much of a response to the quote but...did anyone else notice after THE jake locker saw he had the td he did the "yea" move with his arm...hard to explain but he pulled his elbow like hes gonna hit his stomach with his fist clinched. im drunk. but i know he did it

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we had been dumb enough to pay Mario or Abraham we probably don't get Wimbeley who is the best bang for the buck guy of all three.
    Meyers or Wells would have been nice but those guys aren't dominant Cs. Just good Cs. So despite missing a chance of keeping Meyers from signing back with the Texans (worth an extra mil a year IMO) those guys were a little over priced. Koppen or Jackson give us a comparable player for less money. We just need to get one of them signed.

6. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I wouldn't mind picking up Big John Henderson 6'7 325 as a FA and possibly Haynesworth again 6'6 350 but needs to drop about 25 pounds. They both fit with what they want to do on D now. I know Henderson is getting up there but he is still a big run stuffer and let Haynesworth be the penetrating DT again which is what he wants to do. Offer him a little over vet min and add some nice incentives to get him motivated more again.

With our division we need some DTs that can stop the run when we play the Texans and Jags twice a year and even the Clots will probably run more this year to protect Luck. Henderson is a good run stuffer plus can play either 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE and with the signing of Wimbley he can play either DE or OLB so we can give different looks and maybe a few exotic packages. With added height on the line QBs will have to alter their throws to get over the outstretched hands. Maybe we can finally get some pass deflections. Also if Tommy Kelly becomes available from Oakland then I say get him. He can also play DT or DE at 6'6 300 and rush the passer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

How many times does Haynesworth have to be signed, do nothing, and get released until this board forgets about him? My god.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

I'd give Haynesworth a shot. Just keep giving him one year deals. He only plays hard on contract years.

9. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I agree. We dodged a bullet!

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

What are people’s thought on Everett Brown. As a Nole I really liked him coming out of college. I know we looked at him last year but that was before we got rid of Jones. We can probably bring in Brown for very cheap and let him compete for roster spot.

Low risk, very high potential in my opinion. We do have a knack for taking under achieving DEs and making them productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar