Time to make lemonade out of lemons!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

got to agree with you on that. So far he has been a bust :irked:

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

A year on IR with a busted knee and a year to recover to full health. This year is defining bust or hit.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Morgan has the ability to be really good, but only if he's able to stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

hehe...

I didn't say the Titans would do it, I said I would do it. Hence the Back to reality comment. And frankly, we couldn't sign Calvin Johnson period whereas we COULD do what I suggest.

Better to sign top talent and get backups in the draft than overpay for mediocrity and then reach for players in the draft due to need.

Gut

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

can someone post the cliffs? I'll admit after reading some chapters in my marketing book, not really up to reading another novel. Although I am sure it was work of art by Gut.

6. corymiller

Agreed 100%!!!! VERY FEW if ANY that I can think of, go on to be superstars. Jason Babin had a solid season rushing the passer this past year with the Iggles however, he wasn't drafted or scouted by the Titans. Besides, wasn't he a pretty lousy run stopper? Players that I can remember in recent years signed bigger contracts elsewhere but didn't create near the splash everyone thought:

Fat Albert
    Travis LaBoy
    Antwan Odom
    Jevon Kearse
    Robaire Smith
    Jacob Bell

I am sure there are plenty more however, having a mental block.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Several come to mind. Samari Rolle was pretty good. Mason was pretty good. Runyan was very good. Kearse didn't do anything but we should have gotten a 1st rnder for him leaving and we got nothing. Haynesworth was coming off 2 dominant years and we got nothing for him. He didn't pan out in wash but we should have traded him if we werent gonna keep him.

Course, that was under Reese.

Gave up VandenBosh (I would have too) and Babin (coming off 12 sack season). Tulloch is a very good MLB and we let him walk for Ruud - who stinks in our system. Finnegan just left...although I wouldn't have paid him 10mil/yr either considering we have McCourty and Verner and can draft a nickel. Jason jones could be something if he puts it together and stays healthy.

Thats off the top of my head.

Gut

8. corymiller

I only trade for Freeny IF and only IF he agrees to restructure that cap hit. No way we pay him 19m. Hell, no way the colts pay him 19m this year. They'll trade him if they get any takers, doubt they do it within the division, however, if there are no takers they will likely cut him to avoid that 19m cap hit.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

He's looking for Julius Peppers/Michael Strahan types over the Dwight Freeneys of the world. Peppers can stack against the run which contributes to the philosophy of making the offense one dimensional. Plus, they can rush the passer. With a bigger DL, we should be more effective stopping the run when it counts and in general. Plus, if you watched the playoffs, you could see even low-sack guys like Wilfok can cause big problems for QB's.

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The Lemons of missing out on Mario, Myers, Wells, Abraham, etc.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar