Time to get concerned about the run game yet?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Let's see them chase CJ in the 4th Qtr when they have no gas.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I feel like we are holding back all of the plays designed to get CJ the ball in the flat. He'll will explode in Week 1.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

CJ did nothing last pre-season. Nothing to worry about yet.

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Every RB that has played the raiders in every preseason game has done pretty well..(I am guessing here but i think the average has been about 5.5 yards a carry, and this includes back up running backs.)

CJ should do ok against the raiders.

5. MusicCityMullet

MusicCityMullet sec 230 row R seat 12

i am concerned and his 2,500 talk isn't helping. he's incredible when he's got an out/hole/look..or the start of an out but he is no power runner like eddie. he cant push a pile, thats just the facts. if they stack the deck and its a gut run he'll go down..i dont care if its preseason, regular season or superbowl. love him to death but thats the case. i want him to go 3,000 - but i think maybe he might not make what hes hoping for this year...and i hope i am wrong and i will bump this thread at the end of season and eat crow.

but yes jeff, to answer your OP i am a bit worried

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm not concerned... I feel like this same discussion came up last PreSeason.

I'm also not convinced of him getting 2,000 yards rushing, let alone break the record.

But, I expect him to lead the league.

7. MusicCityMullet

MusicCityMullet sec 230 row R seat 12

your frog eyes are mesmerizing

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, I'm very concerned. this is a vet OL and short of Harris in for mawae, this is the same starting OL. 2 years ago, the line was better and last year, despite CJ's amazing stats, they had a lot more inconsistency. Now, in this preseason, they look like they've taken another step back. Even on a basic dive play, with an experienced and good OL, you're stupendous RB should not be getting met in the hole at the LOS. I'm seeing far too many mistakes, BOTH mental and physical and adding Scaife's lack of blocking hasn't made things better. Roos is the biggest problem because if he can't be near all pro, VY will have a lot of pressure OR we have to keep more guys in. Fewer guys in the pattern and they can have an 8 man front but still play deep zones meaning it's a lot harder to make teams pay for stacking the box. Roos is critical to our pass and run game success.

If Scaife doesn't pick it up, Stevens may start or get a LOT of playing time as he's the only good blocking TE we have.

CJ doesn't concern me, the OL and TE blocking does. We'll have a better idea against the Saints. But this is NOT good!!!

Gut

9. bigg

bigg Titan Fan

There's no need to panic about the running game during preseason. If you recall, the same exact thing happened last year. Know need to speak any further.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

0-6
    59-0

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar