Time to get concerned about the run game yet?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we're seeing in the past two games what we can expect for the entire season. Teams will run blitz to stop CJ. I'm thinking we're going to see more passes to him in the flat so he can get some space around him. The Titans have to find a way because he's been met at, or behind, the line too often the past two games.

Anyone concerned about the ineffectiveness of the run game?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

None whatsoever.

Watch any of the regular season games from the last two years and watch any of the preseason games this year. I can't remember us pulling a single lineman or using any misdirection in the last three games. It's all straight ahead and see what you can get.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Cj looked like this last season in preseason and had everyone worried. then he exploded.

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I think CJ is holding back, he's alluded to that already.

I'm not too concerned just yet.

Now, if Vince would get through an entire game without fumbling the ball, I'll be a happy camper. He seems to be good for at least one bonehead play a game

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Yea Cj is not going all out and the play selection has been bad they all have been dives right down the middle.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not concerned at all.

Let them blitz, throw in a play-action deep bomb & 1 50+ yard TD and they'll stop blitzing :)

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I know that Craig Stevens is the savior of this Franchise because he can block 3 guys at the same time and catch passes in quadruple coverage thus freeing up that guy in our backfield... uhh.. whats his name.. Christopher?

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Right now i'm concerned with Roos's knee. How long will he be out?

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's what concerns me more than CJ, at this point.

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I don't see any reason to get concerned about CJ before he's even played a full game. It always takes time to get the running game going. My concerns lean more toward the o-line and that knee of Roos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar