Time to find some experienced depth at CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We have a stud in Finnegan on one side and an aging Harper on the other. Now, Harper played well last season, but that has been his best season and he's getting kinda old. I don't think you can count on him to stay healthy and be a starting caliber player even this year much less next year. Who else do we have that you want lined up in the 2CB slot? Faggins, are you kidding me??? If you think that either of those corners that we drafted are ready to start, then you have more faith in our GM than I do. They might be solid prospects, but even great prospects are not usually ready to start from day 1. At the very least, I wouldn't be willing to risk our season on it when we have Super Bowl aspirations and enough salary cap to fill our hole to boot. Would you?

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

McCalister is probably the best guy available....assuming he's recovered well from his knee injury. He will want big bucks, a starting job, and is notorious for showing up late to avoid as much training camp as possible. Billick didn't mind cuz he was a Pro Bowl CB. I expect him to wait a bit and see who offers him the most. If he would agree to a decent contract and to compete for a starting spot, I'd sign him after a thorough physical if his physical and a little workout checks out.

Other options are Shelden Brown who's a Pro Bowl caliber CB who's young. Question is, what do we need to give the Eagles to land him and how much money does he want. On the one hand, a chance at a young pro bowl CB is awesome...especially to pair with Finny! The problem is (ala Anquan Boldin) he has 4 years left on a contract he recently signed and now wants MORE MONEY!!! Don't think the Titans make this deal even if they can land him cheaply in a trade (what we give up to the Eagles)....cuz of how much money and the whine factor. Plus, he's a man cb and we play predominantly zone. The Eagles can look to move him after aquiring Ellis Hobbs from NE.

Did Deltha O'Neal sign with anyone? Pat Surtain? I'd take a hard look at them depending on price and their physicals.

Gut

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Sheppard got traded to the jets a while ago.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Roderick Hood did get released, wouldn't be a bad option.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

This dude's name is worse...in fact he has since had it legally changed...

It is like his mom was a stripper and thought he was going to be a girl who she was planning to teach the family business to...

http://deadspin.com/sports/college-football/ladies-and-gentlemen-meet-lucious-pusey-188653.php

That is just child abuse...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is a lot of blasphemy on this thread.

7. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

seconded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar