Time to extend Albert?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think we need to resign him

He obviously is playing with a little more incentive, like any player would because it is his contract year, but hes good for our D none the less

2. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Not yet, let him play 1/2 a season to make sure he can stay on the field and doesnt disappear.

We can always tag him so he will be here 2 more years at least. If he stays healthy and plays the way he has been, then he deserves the big contract.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we all know that albert is the kind of guy that if is he franchised he's going to hold out all camp and then get winded and hurt during the season.

4. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Id just like to make sure he isnt going to fall off the face of the earth again. He has had monster games then disappeared before.

scenario:

We sign him to a 5 year deal next week, then he struggles for 4-5 games. Is everyone going to think "other teams are planning for him" or "he got what he wanted and is slacking again"

AH has been a beast, if he can stay one then Id be all for it, but will he?

This isnt a bash AH post, Ive always liked him.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I dont think hes one to hold out bc him and Bulluck were quick to criticize PacMan not getting a quick sign once he was drafted, hes more of a guy that wants the numbers worked out quick

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I agree that he's good for our D and that we need to re-sign him.

But, now that Fish has been re-signed I think he and MR will make a point of getting the players re-signed that they need back at the end of the season.

Let him play out his contract.

It makes for better play. :))

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's done it once before!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like it, but it was painful to watch the D-line on their knees while Peyton was calling audibles on their final drive. I mean all 4 of them were begging for mercy. So he wasn't alone. But you'd like to see them ready to roll in case he quick snaps. Anyway, he's been great, so give it to him.

9. Valis

Valis Guest

He's still only 26 years old too, just about to come into the best years of his career.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Interesting point.

I've been on the cautious side about giving him a new deal. The kicker is as RollTide mentioned if we don't sign him DT is where our #1 pick goes next year. I'd rather see that go on an upgrade rather than maintenance so yeah,sign him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar