Time to clean house...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

C/O Boogers
    666 666th street
    Hell City, HELL 66666

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL
    I am not even writing all those 6's on paper, my car might not start if I do.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The point should have been obvious, and I think it was to most people...

You took an outstanding position group and argued that the weakest link must deserve to be cut. That's terrible logic. Actually, by being a starter on the Titans fantastic o-line, Amano has made a case that he is not dead weight, and deserves his new contract. Amano also has some cred because we're apparently letting him replace Mawae, and letting Mawae, someone with repeated pro-bowls (sorry, not looking it up right now) be his backup or leave the team.

I'm sure it makes you feel good to pick some of lowest-profile people on the team and complain about them with nothing to back it up, but man did you pick a bad one with Amano.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

EXACTLY!!! And not only did he replace Kevin Mawae, but he also kept Leroy Harris, a guy our coaches are very, very high on, off the field.

5. JCBRAVE

So because he can almost keep up with the rest of our talented line, he's given a pass? Psh, please. He's holding our offense back. Who false starts sending us backwards? I forget his name, who is that again?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Some of the best linemen in the league get penalties now and again. On our own team, Tony Brown has a terrible habit of going offsides or encroaching, and yet you aren't saying we should toss him aside.

Our offensive line gets great results, and works very well as a unit. Moreover, Amano has just been given a HUGE vote of confidence, aka the starting job. He's not being given a pass, he's being given recognition for being a good lineman.

At some point, you really should accept that you're wrong here...

7. JCBRAVE

Umm yea but sadly he's the best we've got on the D-line for now. Believe me I'd have words with him too if he wasn't our closest thing to a star player on the defensive line.

I don't think I am wrong. I completely get where you're coming from on this. But if he hadn't been given a new deal what could you say? You're justifying his new deal with him being solid. I'm saying same old Titans crap that's won us nothing, at its finest yet again. Sign another average player and believe King Fisher knows how to make him great. He doesn't make anyone great, they make him look good.

It's fine that you allow him to met your standards, but he doesn't meet mine. Neither does Tony brown, but like I said; without him we have nothing. So i kept him out of it.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

keeping up with a line full of pro bowlers and super bowl winners doesn't make him a good player?

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'll be the first to admit that I've been really critical of Amano but I'm glad we've kept him. I would like to move him to C and let Harris start at G.

10. JCBRAVE

No, not when he's setting us back & giving up sacks. Look at the tape, if he's gone Vince doesn't throw INT's to LINEMAN, C.J. doesn't get stuffed for -3-yards. All of that sounds good to me. Why are some of you content with him, and acknowledge him as a liability? How come that's okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar