time to change things

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

we need some speed at wr , put avery in or pickup somebody because hawkings m.r. or williams can't play well enough! and its time to say hey may be give harper a chance, i would like nothing more for cj to take off but he not only not getting yards but minus yards are starting to add up, and please someone teach cook the playbook! btw i know the steelers are a good team and had to have this, and thank you raiders

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You need to learn the playbook, too :)

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) Avery needs to break into our offense, ASAP.
    2) CJ needs to hit the holes that he's given and stop dancing.
    3) Our D-line needs to play with a sense of urgency.
    4) Our secondary can't play that zone BS anymore. Didn't work with Cecil or Schwartz, won't work now.
    5) Penalties HAVE to stop on the O-line, THEY KNOW THE SNAP COUNT!
    6) Nate Washington, D. Will and Hawkins need to step up or get out.
    7) For the love of all things sacred, move Harris to center. It's obvious that it's not working with Amano.
    8) I'd replace Jake Scott.
    9) D-lineman need to stop dropping back into coverage and get more pressure.
    10) Hasselbeck needs to establish timing with the WR's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

DWill actually looked good today...what are you talking about with him? I think that he is going to continue to develop and gain confidence (have heard he gets down on himself alot) as he gets more PT.

I do not think we missed Britt that much today...Hasselback was getting pressured alot today, and that would have happened with Britt playing today as well.

Agree on Cook, which makes me think twice about the clamor for Avery. I seem to remember folks clamoring for Cook as well, and now it is beginning to become apparent why he warmed the bench for the past couple of years IMO...maybe we should trust the coaches that Avery is not ready, and not as good as DWill at this point.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What more can Nate Washington do?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Catch and fill the void left by Kenny Britt. He needs to lead our WR corps.

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

We have plenty of speed at WR. When ur routes are only 2 and 5 yard hitches it makes no difference. Offensive playcalling must improve and start throwing deep more when teams are pressing us

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nah, he is doing just fine if you ask me. Nobody can fill Britt's shoes.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Avery just hasn't had a chance to learn the playbook yet. I think the guy will come in and he will be able to contribute fairly quickly. You don't go from having a 1200 yard, 8 TD year and fall off the map. The guy has had injury troubles and now that he's healthy (supposedly)...I'm excited to see if he can add anything to our offense. As for Dwill, I think he has confidence issues. Look at how the O-line ran up to him after he caught that TD pass against the Browns, he needed affirmation. He needs to trust himself and learn the offense. He has the skillset to do just about anything as a WR and I have a lot of faith in him. I don't think he's doing badly, I just think all of our WR's have wanted the spotlight in the past (Nate Washington) and now is their time to take it.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Ditto!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar