Time to blow up the team. Who should the Titans let walk?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Players that walk:

Scaife
    Gage
    Scott
    Nickey
    Hope
    Finnegan
    Ringer
    Collins
    Mouton

The offense, if you have noticed, has stalled mostly on dropped or over/under thrown passes, and CJ getting slammed up the middle to much. I say we draft a stud QB to replace Collins and move Rusty to PS. Most of these I really don't have to explain. Ringer is just in a bad situation, he's the #2 but doesnt offer anything a #2 RB should have IMO. Finnegan keeps getting passes because of his from rags to riches life story and because he's "fiesty", he got totally toasted in the Colts game and I think McCourty and Verner starting would be just as serviceable.

Side note: If Bud fires Fish and turns around and hires Phillips.... welcome to Mamby Pamby Land 2.0.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I guess I never actually answered the question. So let go:

-Kerry Collins
    -Bo Scaife (Unless he'll resign to an acceptable contract, and be ok with battling for his starting job, which I doubt he will be)
    -Donnie Nickey
    -Justin Gage (We have enough WR depth right now, ideally I'd like Britt and Williams as our starting receivers, with Washington in the slot.)
    -Keep Amano and Harris, but swap their positions or something, because they are not getting the job done, maybe even demote Amano and promote Velasco(Sp?)
    -Keep Chris Hope until his contract expires

And that's about it for me.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If Jeff does not get fired this thread us useless. Fisher is not going to change, again if he is back so will collins,Nickey, etc.

Change at the top or the rest does not matter!

4. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Agreed. Nate has had his drops this year but overall has been much more dependable. I'd like to see him in the slot with Britt and Williams on the outside. Personally, I think Gage has been pretty solid, but I'd be fine if the team let him walk, especially if it means more playing time for Williams.

5. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

let scott come back home to the colts

the whole titans secondary is trash. especially the safeties. griffin is a joke. hope is trash

finnegan is trash.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Things I don't understand:

Why people feel the need to join/talk crap about other teams on another teams message board.

Why people act like Cortland Finnegin is Nick Harper all of a sudden. I get that he isn't the shutdown corner that some people want but he is FAR from the biggest issue on this defense.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A joke and trash? You clearly have no idea what your talking about. I'd be willing to part with Finnegan in a trade but no just cut him outright. And Griffin is far from a joke at safety. I realize you don't see many good safteys since Sanders can break a rib by just sneezing but he's really quite good.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

No way do we have Fisher and Young next year on this team. It will be one or the other or both are gone. They can't coexist and Bud knows that.

9. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

Fisher. Scaife. Gage. Hope. Cecil. GTFO.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think it is stupid to cut any of our starting offensive linemen not knowing who could replace them that would be better.

We had our pick of the top interior offensive linemen in the last draft and went DE instead.

Scaife should not be resigned. Gage and Hope should be money cuts. Gage is due to make $3.5M and Hope $7.5M and we can get better for that.

Both Ball and Babin are free agents so we need to sign one.

I personally would sign KC to a one year deal provided it is reasonable. Whomever our starting QB is next year(VY, Palmer, Kolb) we need an experienced backup and if we do decide to go Qb in rd 1 in the draft we need that experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar