Time to blow up the team. Who should the Titans let walk?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Why let go of Cortland/Hope/Washington all are still under contract, and even if you don't think they are start materials, if we do pick up players better than them might as well keep them for depth...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Realistically I don't see any of these three guys going anywhere, and you have a good point about keeping them for depth...I do wish they'd just cut Hope though, his skills have been in a steep decline this year and as the newest incarnation of Nick Harper he's a liability for the defense.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Hope I can kinda understand because we can probably pick someone up late in a draft or of FA and they can perform at his level, but Washington, and Finnegan especially are far from bad players, to let them go makes no sense in my opinion, sure find a replacement for them, but it's not like we have such an over-abundance of talent we can just let guys like that walk.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Washington has really played well this year. It is not his fault he is starting but I do believe he is playing pretty well and would make an awesome slot WR. I like Nate, I just wish he was not our most consistent receiving threat up to this point.

I think the only player that needs to go is Nickey. Why does this guy still have a spot here taking up such a great number?

5. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

Scaife, Hope, Scott, Nickey. those three should go, amano is not good but realistically he just got a huge deal so hes not going anywhere.

Getting rid of Scott would free up some flexibility in that we could go for either a center or guard, whoever is the best available and then move amano accordingly.

Why keep Hope around when we have Schommer, Johnson, and Rolle waiting in the wings, theyve had him around long enough to have learned all they can from him.

Scaife, why bother keeping him with cook and stevens and just pick someone up, we've had years with 4 tight ends

Nickey- Been wasting a roster spot for too long

Coaches- to be realistic i see Fisher coming back but i dont see cecil, and dinger will have to resign. My dream come true would be some sort of offensive scheme change, with a lot more creativity, but as ive said before itll probably come from within the organization so its doubtful. On defense we just need the personnel, i actually like the 4-3, maybe im biased because thats what i played in, but cecil will go just because fisher needs to look like hes trying to make changes

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it would be a lot easier to say "What players should the Titans keep?"

If it were any other offseason I would want us to go through major wholesale changes. But with the contract issues, I'd say the team will be very similar next year, or it will be a year of scab players.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have a bad feeling that we won't let anyone walk and we will see the exact same team of players and coaches that we have now.

The only change that might actually happen would be promoting someone to OC or bringing in a new one because I doubt that Dinger will be back. And as bad as Cecil is as DC I don't see Fisher firing him.

Makes me sick to think about, but it is more than likely what happens. Fisher won't be fired, Vince won't be traded of cut, and 2011 is deja vu all over again.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

There are days I only want to KEEP CJ and Britt. But realistically:

Collins, Hope, Gage, Scaife have to go. Collins is done. Hope is done, Gage and Scaife are just ok. Not worth holding younger, better talent back.

O line I'm at a loss. Amano/Harris aren't getting it done, but maybe are just in the wrong positions. Harris didn't look this bad filling in for Mawae. Maybe move Harris back to C and look at guards to bring in?

LB? I like Tulluch, McRath and Witherspoon, but the unit has struggled. Scheme or players??? I say keep the defense intact and see how the new coach changes things.

I've liked some things I've seen from Cecil. I think he might be better than it seems. IMO, most of the issues on defense can be boiled down to 3 things: 1) horrible offense - too many 3 & outs, 2) Chris Hope, 3) undersized D line. Those 3 things undermine what any DC could do. Add Fisher to the equation and I'd like to see Cecil with a different HC and with those problems out of the way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Get rid of everyone but T-Rac.

Scratch that. Tired of his arse too!

:sarcasm:

10. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Washburn - the most overrated DL coach, EVER!

Swing wide, over pursue, & jump offside? Yer my kinda guy. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar