Time to blow it up and start over?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

This could easily be the case.

This team's performance is 100% on the coaches. The schemes and playcalling on both sides of the ball is vanilla and uninspired. Our head coach stands there with a blank expression on his face like some emotionless robot the whole game, and that's the personality this team has adopted. The whole team is getting pushed around in all phases and it is embarrassing.

Last year's 9-7 record was a fluke. Munchak's personality and demeanor hadn't fully permeated the team yet. That team still played with fire and determination.

This team? :facepalm:

2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Defensive line is better than last season but every other position has gotten worse than last season and last seasons team was bad, this team is god awful

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Browns QB has a rating of 5 last week.

4. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

This team is painful to watch right now. Hopefully they get their act together soon or its going to be a very very long season.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I hate the screaming coach myth. Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin and Bill Belichick aren't screamers and the last decade was littered with Super Bowl victories by those guys.

Running around and screaming like a crazy man doesn't make you a good coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

dont forget Caughlin

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Losing to Indy last year with the playoffs on the line was the last straw for me. How they were given a chance to continue coaching I have no idea (Bud being cheap I guess) but they don't deserve to be in charge of this team anymore.

8. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

I understand that. But guess what those guys have that Munchak doesn't? Brilliant football minds. All three of those guys understand the game of football to the smallest minute detail. They are innovators and add new wrinkles to their team every single offseason. They proved by their team on the field that their players are motivated and inspired to play for them.

Our rookie HC hires two coordinators who are re-treads, one was out of the NFL, and hires assistants for every single one of his coaches. I'm sure Munchak is a great guy and all that. But at this point, after being outscored 72-23 and being out gained on the ground 310 yards to 58 yards (which is about as good of a barometer of how hard your team is playing in the trenches, where it counts), it is very clear that our players are not responding to Mike Munchak and the rest of his coaching staff. The proof is in the pudding.

I don't care what kind of coach we have. He doesn't have to be a loud screaming rah-rah guy.

I just want a head coach and staff who motivates and inspires our players while innovating in scheme and playcalling.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's true. But even with those guys you's still see them getting fired up on the sidelines every once in awhile. When have you ever seen Munch tear into a player for doing something stupid? When have you ever seen Munch yelling at an official for a bad call? Answer: Never. And I've seen both of those things happen with the 3 coaches you mentioned.

Now, maybe there's nothing to it. But I think Joe Blaque might be onto something in that it seems that this team has also taken on that same apathetic mentality/demeanor of Munch. They have no fire. They have no heart. And even if you think it's okay for the coach to have zero fire, it's certainly not okay for the players. And motivating players is a huge part of Munchak's job. If the players were out there looking like a professional team leaving it all on the field week after week, no one would question Munchak's sideline demeanor.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that Munch is simply in over his head. He just looks dumbstruck at all times. Like he has no answers. And based on the way this team responds (err, doesn't) to adversity I think it's safe to say that he indeed has no answers. It's like he only knows of one way to do things and if that doesn't work he's stumped.

Two weeks in, and we are seeing the EXACT same problems as last year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

So was every quarterback that ended up sucking.

Peyton did throw touchdowns his rookie year. Something that locker has not been able to do too often. Peyton's rookie year he threw 26 TDs. Lockers on pace for about 16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar