Time for Titans to Pay, Trade or Cut McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Agent Bus Cook said it was time for the Tennessee Titans to make a decision about his client Steve McNair. "Keep him under the contract he has, trade him, cut him or start trying to get a new deal done with the starting point being what's on the table from the Ravens," agent Bus Cook said Tuesday. "They don't want to do any of those things. ... You can't have your cake and eat it, too." With a deal from the Ravens valued at $12 million for '06, he said there is no reason to accept less from the Titans. "Steve's certainly done nothing to deserve a pay cut, particularly in light of the fact another team out there is willing to double what they're willing to pay. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure all that out," Cook said. "It'd be in Steve's best interest to go somewhere else if he feels wanted, feels like they want him to be a member of the team and are willing to pay him for that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bus needs to shaddup.

Bud will keep McNair on the roster until Aug 31 at 11:59 pm before releasing him. The Ratbirds will get him for free but he won't do them a bit of good until mid-season.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

my thoughts also TJ

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bus does need to shaddup. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to fiqure that out, Bus.

Bus doesn't want to wait that long for his payday.
    Meanwhile, Steve is resting his brain while Bus does his thinking/speaking.

I'm starting to agree with SEC Bipolar, about what Steve can kiss...:irked:

5. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

unfortunately for bus, the titans can have their cake and eat it too, for as long as they are willing to take the cap hit McNair brings. so he should STFU.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I couldn't have said it better myself! He's done nothing.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bipolar is burning

hmm... I've gotten to Hoffa...

[​IMG]

Whom shall I assimilate next?

double what the Titans will pay?
    rocket scientist?

No... you have to be a %$#@!*& MORON to pay what the Ravens have agreed to. I've seen the posts today... the truth is coming out around here... people are finally owning up to the fact that Steve is not what he once was... we are all tired of the constant injuries... missed starts... hot tubbing all day when he should be working out in pads with the team... MAILING IT IN ON SUNDAYS... yeah... I said it...

I did not like what I saw last year. All through the season we torched the O-line, trashed the receiving corps, dissed every running back on the roster... absolutely hammered the DB's... oh no, don't dare criticize McNair on this board... that's for haters like Mr. E that are just flaming up posters... McNair is untouchable! RIGHT! :irked: Steve looked frustrated out there all the time. I'm just as obsessed with this team as the rest of you but even my dellusional mind has known this is the end for several weeks now.

btw - I defended McNair's past during the regular season to Mr. E.
    Gunny and I both did so don't give me this "hater" junk...
    I didn't earn that. I'm just sick of all the McDrama. I want this over with.

I've never been divorced, but if I had been... or if I imagine that if I had been, I would look back at certain times and years with fondness... I'll never forget the 2002 season. 99, and 00 for that matter... hell, 2003 was pretty darn good... If my wife decided that she wasn't going to sleep with me for like, two years... uh, I'd have to take a look around... can't really blame Reese or Bud ... We had to grap our future star... There he was.

I'm sorry Steve... you just don't do it for us anymore.
    Steve, if you where a call girl...

let's just say, you are not a 12 million dollar girl IMHO.

8. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Mac started the season in great condition. I watched every game (on direct TV except the one in STL live.) He was gaining weight by the quarter and now the expects 12 mill. How many tootsies rolls will 12 mill by? Mr Owl doesn't know, so how should I?

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I aint never made it without biting. Ask Mr. Owl...

Mr. Owl... I love that gimmick!!!

[​IMG]

How many licks does it take to get to the
    soft sternum center of the McNair POP?

The World may never know.
    [​IMG]

lick after lick...

10. Time for Bus to get a trade pushed through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar