Tim Tebow Should Stay Put

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I love how people are just ready to toss Tebow to the street. Clayton's ESPN article talks about how John Fox took a 4 win team and got them to 8-8 and into the playoffs.

Really? If Fox was worth a crap he would not have needed Tebow to bail out that lousy offense. If they had not had Tebow last year they would have been 4 wins at BEST. The guy did what he always has done...in that out of the box, unconventional way that is not supposed to work in the NFL...and carried them on his back for those wins.

While I dont think he is ever going to be the prototypical QB and may actually not make it as one in the NFL ultimately....I think some of the Broncos fans should thank Tebow for keeping them from being irrelevant last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Don't know why any team would want Tebow at all. I know he's a really good guy and all, and he is a great competitor (which means precisely d*ck when you have a terrible skill set like Tebow) but seriously, who wants the circus and terrible passing ability that Tebow brings?

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That would be the classy thing to do. Tebow saved Denver last season. No way they make it to the playoffs and get a win with Orton.

He owes him that much.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

well.... we had an almost equally craptastic division last year and we couldn't sneak our way into the playoffs. I don't feel in the mood to diss any team that found a way to get into the playoffs.

5. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

What else would Elway say? "I'll do the least to assure Tebow no chance at all in this league?" Truthfully, I think Elway could give a sh*t at this point - they just spent $95MM on their QB. Tebow isn't a consideration.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear you, but this is so not happening. Elway and Fox want him gone, and if they do not do it right now they will not be able to do it later without losing alot of popularity from the fans.

Best for Elway/Fox, which will trump what is best for Tebow.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Agreed..

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The reality is that Manning will never come out of the game for a Tebow package so he has no value to the broncos now. And, he will never get a rep with manning there so he won't be able to develop. Additionally, elway doesn't think he will ever develop into a prototypical qb so why keep him? And his deal runs out before manning so he'd leave for free anyway. Best to trade him and get anything for him rather than nothing!

Gut

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's gonna take him to church

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would love to have Tebow on our team... for minimum salary and as an undesignated position player. Have him do all sorts of different things in small doses. Goal line, wildcat, etc. Try him out at TE and FB.

I take plenty of shots at Tebow for sucking - because he does suck as an NFL QB. However, there's no denying he's very talented and one hell of a hard working athlete. He just needs to not be a QB and I can stop hating him... for the most part.

Unfortunately, he thinks he's a legit QB and will want at least $4M per season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar