Tiki still hasnt actually retired....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

the subject says it all..tiki still hasnt actually officially retired, which brings up a couple questions...

will he come back or perhaps take a yr off or something??

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you never know with athletes.

They take a year off and realise they miss it.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Eddie hasn't officially retired as well. Whatever that means.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is one guy I think is done. Only spending too much time with a woman could push him back out of retirement now. He looks 100% retired.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

would he be able to play in the Pro Bowl if he had officially retired right after the season? that's my guess for why he hasn't filed anything.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He'll do it during a slow time where it's a bigger story. No reason to do it soon while people have other things to pay attention to. If he's trying to catapult himself into media, he'll need a big sendoff...

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Tiki's gone though the paperwork's not there yet. I agree he's probably waiting til after the Pro Bowl, but he's not coming back. He's the only 'star' athlete I've ever seen not hesitate once in the million times he's been asked about retirement.

Basically, he no longer wants to play. He's lost his passion to play and do what it takes for him to play at his level. He's already got offers on the table for him going into the media (which he's prepared for quite well over the last several years).

Gut

8. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Wouldn't he wait 'til after June 1 for cap reasons?

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Have you seen the kind of offers that he has gotten to do television? I would retire from football too.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He's been doing that for three years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar