Tiki Barber unretires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansBlue, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Lol, I made a thread on this 3 minutes after you poasted.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Easy answer really. He wants to make the hall of fame. It was stupid for him to retire after having a fantastic year(1662 yards, 5.1 ypc) when he still had something in the tank. Now he just will make people forget that he was once a good player.

He last played in 06 when he was 30. Now he wants to come back at 35.

And why would anyone honestly ask if he can help the Titans? Get real.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

lol, just missed it

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

i have to wonder though, what GM does he possibly think is going to sign a 36 year old running back?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay so he is smarter than Sen'Derrick Marks. If you're not following, Marks left Auburn as a junior, then they won a national championship the year after. Tiki also left his team prior to them winning it all.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Marcus Allen says hi.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's not about football or the hall of fame. He needs money.

The guy got fired from NBC. He went through a messy divorce with his pregnant wife (he's that classy) that surely took a ton of his cash. If you search around a bit, there are articles about how he's broke.

Peter King (who worked with Tiki at NBC) said Tiki never once mentioned that he misses football. He thought he could be a big TV star but he underestimated how big of a douche he is and that no one wants to see his face on their TV.

Seems pretty clear to me why he's back.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Yah, that pretty much covers it.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

As fans, we think "how can ex pro athletes ever go broke?!" A lot of these guys grew up with nothing, so suddenly when they do have money, they're gonna spend, spend, spend. And not just for themselves, their family grew up with nothing as well, so you gotta buy momma that big house, and then all your uncles and cousins gotta get a slice of the pie. Which brings me to my next point.

Realistically, we can't expect every athlete to be a role model student like Myron Rolle, and let's be for real, a good chunk of these kids never go to class. A lot to most NFL prospects aren't gonna take academics seriously or they really just don't have time (football related activities do take up chunk of your day)... so all college advisers should have them take at least a business class that stresses the importance of money management.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar