thursday night football sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the games aren't interesting. bryant gumbell is painful to listen to. it messes up fantasy football. most important of all, it's only on available for 60% of the country.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

My cable company doesn't offer NFLN. Bummer. Not that I'm dieing to see every game, but I'd like the option to. Oh well, I may just have to change to Direct TV to get bored by Gumby.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, aside from the fact that all of my fantasy teams suck, I've had power outages and floods from storms, and various interruptions in internet service, so I can't manage my teams or keep up with the Pick "Ems (which I WAS doing very well at :grrr:
    Thursday only complicates it further, so yes, it sucks.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the NFL Network is a great idea. I think they blew it when they didn't work something out with Comcast. Both lose.

I'm guess something changes before next season. Either they come down on their rates so Comcast can show it with their regular package or it'll fade away.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It does seem to suck. But, it's their first year. And it's football on Thursday, so I'm not going to complain.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Jeff, that isn't accurate is it? Aren't the distribution rates on par with other networks yet Comcast is trying to take advantage by hiding the channel in premium packages... holding it out of basic line-ups? I've heard that Comcast is doing that in an attempt to make more money and that the NFL network is charging an otherwise reasonable rate... a rate that should get them on basic cable.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Bryant 'Gumball' is a complete joke. The guy consistently makes errors and looks like a fool. Can't stand that pompous racist, dude doesn't belong on the NFL network doing games, if they were smart they would look elsewhere next year.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I read, the NFL Network charges .70 - .90 per carrier which is much higher than most networks and why Comcast won the suit to put it on a $5 a month sports tier package only 20% of their subscribers get.

Comcast, who is continuously jacking up their rates anyway, decided there were too few of their subscribers who would be willing to pay a higher total fee for the NFL Network.

The NFL is filing an appeal to get it back as part of the regular package but I think they'll either need to come way down or Comcast start offering more in their Sports package in HD to justify the extra fee.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:yes:

Hate hate hate Bryant Gumbell. As racially sensitive as our country is, I can't believe he got a pass for his comments on the winter olympics. Imo, he shouldn't even be on TV anywhere anymore.

As far as Thursday night football sucks.......... WRONG.

I wish NFL was on every day of the week :ha:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

nope, that's what makes football so special, it's only on the weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar