Three Guys I would love to see wearing Titan Blue

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

RB's dont mean jack. Unless you've got someone like LT or AP who is PHENOMENAL, the rest of them are basically the same. They are only as good as their O-Line is going to let them be, look how much eggerin james sucked when he left the colts and how well did kenton keith play for the colts this year in his limited carries?? the only things to look at really are injury, fumbles and catching ability. LW is solid. Chris brown gets hurt so ditch him, chris henry has done well enough. Throw another young guy in 3rd spot behind chris henry and forget about it, move on to worry about areas that we actually need to improve rather than an area that we are already good ENOUGH at. A better O-Line will improve the YPC, not necessarily a better back. Even LT ain't gonna do anything if you tackle him in the backfield. As we all saw last week in the first half.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would never argue for a low ypc but given the circumstances we had this year i think our backs did well with what they have. If there is an arbitrary cut off point it might be 3.5 ypc. When a back is running less than that it means he is hurt or has no blocking.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Still waiting for those who subscibe to the break away runner theory to provide any concrete historical examples or solid data that proves this theory. I don't know of any championship coorelation that suggests it matters at all how a back gets their yardage as long as they get the yards and first downs.

1960s packers won all those championships with paul horning and jim taylor running the ball; 2 slow white guys. Taylor a 230 lb fullback retired as the #2 rusher alltime behind jim brown. He was not a break away runner.

4 of the top 5 backs of alltime for rushing yardage were guys who got their yards 3, 4 or 5 at a time. Emmitt smith despite how good he was running behind one of the best lines ever still only averaged 7.5 runs of 20 yards or more a season.

I saw almost every single game walter payton played and he was not a very fast guy at all. He never outran anyone and had to work for almost all those 17,000 yards.

Curtis martin was basically like payton and jerome bettis was a big power back like lendale.

2 of the most explosive backs in the history of the league never saw a super bowl as a player. OJ simpson and barry sanders.

On another thread i basically proved that lendale is almost the exact same guy in terms of production that eddie was in his prime based on his short career to this point. If we had eddie in his prime would you be advocating drafting another back?

When eddie george only had 4 runs of 20 yards or more out of over 400 carries were all of you advocating that we draft a faster back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar