Thoughts on what NBA owner Mark Cuban said about the NFL?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Let them use steroids and start jacking 70+ home runs.

I'll watch again.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

The NBA is a 2nd tier league here but is the #1 basketball league around the world.

When I'm in Europe most people don't nothing about the Tennessee Titans, outside of England and Germany, but mention the Lakers, Bulls, Grizzlies, Heat, Timberwolves and most people know who they are.

NBA is big in Spain, Greece, China, India, Eastern Europe

People can hate on the NBA all they want but they have done a great job building the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think the NFL would be wise to get in on this college football reorganization too. CFB is spiraling toward a pay for play system of some type and a dissolving of the NCAA as we know it now.

What better new governing body for this new CFB "league than our beloved SHIELD

Could you imagine a league deal between the NFL and the SEC?

I also wish the franchises would do a better job marketing themselves and being involved in the community.

Looking at you Titans...

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think he's pretty spot on actually. I have said virtually the same thing but for different reasons and 20 years rather than 10.

I've said for a while if I was an owner I would be selling my franchise right now while I still can. It's becoming a bad investment at this point IMO.

Too much is changing too fast. If Tagliabue had stayed in charge none of this would be happening. Just sayin'.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

NBA talent is spread too thin as well. They need to downsize and stop pandering to the 5 or so superstars they have.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That doesn't make sense. If they downsize, pandering to the superstars is exactly what they would be doing.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're two separate things.

9. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

This is not true at all, baseball is the second most watched sport in the US... And attendance has gone up. Nice try though.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Football is called American football for a reason. It is a national phenomenon. And I could be wrong, but it won't work in other countries. It will go over as well there as cricket does in the USA. There is simply not enough interest to make one last there.

Sure, you can send a game or two over and make a spectacle of it. Does anybody think they will be successful for 10+ games per year? I don't think so.
    Countries already have their sports. Nfl is barking up the wrong tree.

It's too equipment reliant, slow paced, and too complicated, to be accepted by the masses of the world. If they wanted to care about football.. They already would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar