Thoughts on the Titans shopping Washington

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 12, 2013.

1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

No man, I am agreeing with you but my point is Welker is a top free agent, and he refuses to go contact other teams because he has been waiting on New England for an offer. New England has had all year plus the 3 day grace period to give an offer. I call the guy a wuss only for the fact he doesnt seem to have the you know what to tell New England enough is enough with the bull honkey
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Welker would not make any difference on our team IMO.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hey let's trade our most consistent WR and sign an injury prone one! yay! This dampers a great day.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

We don't *need* any more burners, what we need is someone consistent and that was best filled by Nate. The ONLY way this makes me feel any better is if we got Jennings or a big guy and I doubt that happens. Not a smart move in my eyes.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea I don't understand why we won't go after Jennings... I would rather keep Washington under a reconstructed contract then get ANOTHER injury prone WR
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

I don't like this move at all either because Washington is solid and also our top receiver BUT there must be something going on behind the scenes that we don't see or know.He took a lot of hard hits and you could tell he was banged up and hurting last season but he continued to soldier on and play.The front office could be thinking his best days are behind him so they want to ship him out who knows.

The bottom line is who replaces his production he didn't miss many games and he has been the leading receiver or close to it the last three years.I don't see a receiver in free agency we are going after and i think Washington is better than Amendola not to mention the fact that Amendola has injury issues.Thats a bad tradeoff in my opinion.

Going to be a mistake going after Patterson in the first round i do hope thats not the gameplan.After all he only played one season with the Vols and is still unproven to an extent.Got to get an offensive linesman or stud on defense with that pick.
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

I said from the get go that I would have no problem letting Cook hit the road and then cutting Washington if we used their money to grab a true #1 WR. in my book Jennings is the only true #1 WR left on the market. I don't see it happening though.

I like Washington's grit and fire. He has been a true professional.
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

Why not dump off britt instead? Even though Washington is way older... He has a more promising NFL future than KB. Getting rid of our only consistent target is silly. Pay him what he's worth. This is not a McNair or asomugha situation... Washington is still going to be productive.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

I don't see losing Nate as a big deal. Let's be honest, guys who average around 45 catches a season aren't hard to find and they don't cost $4 million a season.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not but everyone is just wondering who he is going to be replaced with. Choosing between Nate and a guy who is injury prone (also don't know how much he is asking) I would probably go with Nate. Now if this is setting up a bigger move then so be it, see ya Nate.