thoughts after tonights game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karmarouge, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, you're right. A team with Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Joey Porter, and Alan Faneca (and a couple other guys you could throw into the mix) will be one of the worst teams this year. :rolleyes:

You're complaining about the Titans going three and out? You better find another team. Three and outs are standard practice with the Titans.

So, 18 months ago they were in the Super Bowl and now they are an awful, terrible team?... I have a hard time believing that.

I'm not saying they're going to be great, but they'll be competitive, and they play in a bad division. That being said, I don't think they'll make the playoffs without Warner and Boldin, but they'll still be a good team.

It's just unfair to bash them like that considering how that franchise has turned itself around the past couple of seasons.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think the three and out comes from no game plan, while you can't expect a teams offense to be good just cause of a good preseason game, you can't say they'll be bad either. Their was no game plan for the cardinals. Just random plays. What you take away from it is the execution. Vince played well, accurate, a decisive, CJ was CJ, OLine was damn good,wrs look dependable. All those factors along with a good game plan give you hope of a good offensive year.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

a pair of three and outs against AZ in TN's first big stage pre-season game of the year = The Titans are doomed for the season? Child please..
    Funny how some people just tend to know everything, based on nothing. Let's check back after a few weeks of real NFL football and compare notes..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Everyone else notice nickey making plays all over the field at S and on ST - hes a stud I tell's ya!

5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

See one thing about me is that the game of football comes very easily to me! I dont have to fight it, i dont have to over think it! Too bad its very complex for you!

I dont have the time or energy right now to explain to you how way off you are regarding the the CArdinals. I will tell you this, think of them as the colts being led by Jim Sorgi.

You can name all those players (a titans before last year was probably running their mouth about how we were loaded with vandenbosch, chris hope, Griffin, Finnegan, VY, CJ etc and wouldnt not have believed we could go 0-6 to start the season.)

sorry but i am not going to break down for you how useles the cardinals are without Kurt Warner. i can only adviSe you to stick to espn glamour shows and top 10 lists, leave the football stuff to us.

I HONESTLY CAN NOT SEE MYSELF WASTING TIME EDUCATING SOME ONE ON HOW BAD THE CARDINALS SUCK! THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 5 GAMES NEXT YEAR.

BOOK IT!!!!

the raiders, rams, seahawks, tampa bay were all at one point 18 months removed from the superbowl. (do you know where they have been dwelling the last couple of seasons?

There is one thing i really really hate, people who post myopic arguments that have absolutely nothing to do the present, and worst yet are posted in some state of mind completely oblivious of history!

Are you aware that football is a game of strategy with tangible factors one can use to evaluate a team thus negating any need for "belief" as though this is some kind of a religious experience depending on luck and the whims of some football god?

This has nothing to do with belief. Its what you can see or cant see on the football field. Football is not that complicated son!

Trust me bro, i dont want to be an ... but brother, i am way past this argument. This is something i would expect to hear from a drunk in a bar not some one posting on a titans forum. (did you even stop to think where the titans were 18 months after their superbowl run and how fast they fell off?

jesus christ!!!

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Didnt say the titans are doomed. I said its not very uplifting to see vy struggling against that garbage that the cardinals are fielding this year.
    I also did state, that i was more angry that this teamed sucked so bad that its ridiculous to make any analysis based on the game play. It was a completely wasted pre season game that no one in their right mind can say helped us evaluate much outside of the special teams.

You liked those blitzes? well i could name 10 qbs in the league right now (three of them in our division that would have completed those easy passes that the cardinals QBs couldnt complete) The run blitzes impressed you? well i can name 20 QBs in the league right now who would have checked out of those runs.

You think our CBs looked great? more like the cardinals Qbs were spraying the ball all over the field where at least half the qbs in the nfl would have completed passes and scored tds..(two come to mind from Anderson at our goal line)

I am not saying we are all bad, i am saying to temper your exuberance from the cardinals game because we were playing against one of the worst teams in the nfl this year.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

What you take away from it is the execution. Vince played well, accurate, a decisive, CJ was CJ, OLine was damn good,wrs look dependable.

what you can take away from it is the lack of execution. Leinart played horribly, very inaccurate, indecisive, their running backs sucked, their oline was damn awful, their wrs looked lost and undependable

See i just took your own observations and applied them to the other team.

Are you still saying that said observations are not accurate? You wanna take a gander over at the cardinals website and see what their own fans think of their team?

Do you honestly think i came to this conclusion after seeing one cardinals game?

Bro i follow teams, I watched them against the texans and they looked even worse than they did against us playing the texans.

That oline is going to go through 2 QBs minimum this year. Leinart was being brutally beat up by freakin back up line men from the titans..

And you people have the gall to even argue that the cardinals have a team?

ARE you people serious?

Is football that hard for you people to evaluate?

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't think anyone here thinks the Cardinals will be nearly as good as the last 2 years but they wont suck, they are probably a solid 7 or 8 win team. I'm not a big Leinart fan but to be fair he hasn't had a REAL chance to prove himself but he will now. How bad can he possibly be when he can throw to Larry and Breaston and hand off to Wells? Besides, they play the Rams and Seahawks twice a year, there's at least 3 wins and it's not like the 49ers are a high caliber team either. They also have games against Oakland, Tampa, Kansas City, Denver and Carolina. You really only see 5 wins in that easy freaking schedule?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

TLDR.

You're ranting/flaming for no reason. Did you even read my post?

Rank all NFL teams right now, please. I would really like to see where you throw the Cardinals in since you're saying they're one of the worst. There are about 10 teams worse than them, and there's no arguing that. You could make a case for a few more teams being behind them. They're average. I'll leave it at that.

Like I said before, I'm not claiming they are great. I'm just saying that they're not anywhere as bad as you say they are. The team has loads of talent and it's not exactly fair to bash them. They've won 4 playoff games in the past two years. That may not matter to you, but I think it matters to most people. I wasn't trying to say that they're as good they were the past two seasons. They're obviously not. But they're not going to just jump straight back into Denny Green mode because of their losses.

10. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Yes i read your post. And i was not flaming you, i was just being brutally honest. I dont see any other way to address a person who apparently watched Matt Leinart take brutal hits on almost every single play. You dont have to be a genius to figure out that he will get hit with a massive blind side
    hit that will knock him out of the game for some serious time. (might even happen in his next preseason game if not then look for it to probably happen in their last preseason game vs the redskins).. Was your volume turned off as the MNF crew broke down the offensive line woes of the cardinals? Were you deaf when they kept talking about the no name titans d-line players play after play after play? (THOSE WERE BACKUPS SIGNED OFF THE STREET MAN!!!)

And no sir, Cardinals are not an average team!!! Average teams win 7 maybe 8 games!

I challenge you to find 5 games you think the cardinals will win. They probably go into their bye week 1-4 and wont win another game from there until week 10!!! they might very well be 1-9 to start out playing their 2nd or 3rd string QB and the coach will have pretty much lost the whole team at that point.

I seriously cant believe that i am arguing about a football team that cant pass the ball (which begs the question why you think breaston and Fitzgerald even matter. Do you think they are gonna throw the ball to themselves? ) a team that cant fun the ball? How the heck to do you think they are going to score? kicking 80 yard field goals?

You talk about cromartie? lmao.. That dude is going to lead CBs in tackles this year..(and no that isnt a typo, Cromartie will have a massive number of tackles this year, but if you understand football you would know that this would be very bad for them because he will be on the field even longer than any one of their QBS.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar