thoughts after tonights game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karmarouge, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If this team stays healthy... Its gonna be a fun season :) How is P williams still on the team?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Agreed. I was wondering the same thing about P.Williams. I thought we cut him after last year's preseason.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

since marc was actually drafted, I'd be quite surprised if he got cut before this season started

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

answer: because he's like a c0ckroach. Just when you think he's gone, there he is right back again :suspect:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Mouton might not even make the final cut.

That guy is awful.

As for Verner,he made a sold claim for the #2 opposite Finnegan.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titans might have to keep 10 D-linemen because everybody seems to be working hard and playing well. Brock looks like the guy who is going to get cut if he keep 9 which is most likely. Ball and Babin have played well and i'm looking forward to seeing Hayes out there.

We are going to have a solid 4 man rotation at both DE and DT and with improved DB play will be a top 15 defense.

Tulloch looks like an All-pro guy. We need to sign him for the next 6 years!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm cautiously optimistic about the DL, they were all getting off blocks well and looked good on the stunts. But I'm diffident regarding the DB's. We were blitzing all night and so we really didn't get to see how well they might perform when required to cover. Griffin didn't impress. Also, the Cards didn't gameplan at all, so we confused the hell out of them with our blitzing- that won't happen in regular season. We got lucky with some bad throws by Anderson- Manning or Schaub won't let that happen on their throws to slant patterns.

LB's looked good- I'd like to see Curran against the 1's in a game. He's ALWAYS around the ball.

Get off the pot and cut Simms, Pearman, P. Williams- they have each had enough opportunity. Gado is good but I don't see he adds anything above Ringer and Blount is better wtih more upside. D Williams made some really good receptions but average on returns. K. Britt played like a man that knows he's safe- he should have caught that out from Collins. I don't like his lack of effort- Dinger should rattle his chain a bit and give D. Williams some of his reps with the 1's and 2's.

VY looked as good as he could and he got results. It still un-nerves me to see him playing with such poor mechanics. His head seems to be in the right place. The OL looked good as usual.

Overall, I am more impressed with the team on both sides of the ball. I think we are 10 win team. Hope that is good enough to get in the playoffs.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How good was Hawkins leap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. I kept waiting for a pass to Verner's side and it didn't happen because of the pressure. I really wanted to see Verner get a few opportunities. The deep Anderson pass over McCourty was just a perfect throw but he was beat.

Loved the speed of the LBs. They are fun to watch swarming to the ball.

Cook made a play. Hawk did too. Wash made a number of nice receptions. The returners looked good. Besides the slow start on offense and some weak kickoff coverage, it's hard to be critical of anything.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jason Jones got A LOT of penetration.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar