thoughts after tonights game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karmarouge, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

AH.. another person with a big comprehension problem. You are good at pointing out what i asked him to do, now lets see if you can pull off what is turning out to be a great mental feat for you and him in understanding that this is the not the core of my argument. (i have addressed this already and dont feel like going back to it.)

I dont know what to say. What is funnier yet is that some one is high fiving your comment yet any fool can see that this is misguided gibbering born of complete ignorance of even the most basis prognostication tools many people use to live in this day and age.

For crying out loud the weatherman man on your tv every night uses facts and data to predict the weather!!! How can you say something this ignorant?

Take for example the weather, your local weatherman doesnt pull out of his arse. Its not voodoo. The weather man does not predict rain on a particular day simply because it rained on the same day the year before. So many businesses, from banks, to farms, investors all over the world use facts to make predictions. Much like these people make predictions by taking current facts, statistics, and data available to I made those predictions based on what i saw of the Cardinals while some one else is blubbering on about the Rams that have nothing to do with the cardinals, or previous cardinals record that completely ignore the current state of the team (ie, new QB, departed players, etc)

And this seems to be the problem you and Eddy are having. Getting it into your heads that i am more concerned about gauging the titans abilities based upon their performance vs a team like the cardinals. Overall i could careless about the cardinals future record. Try and get that into your head. (Whether or not i asked him to post the cardinals record was but a small part of my argument. Seriously how hard can it be for a person to understand something that i have explained almost 6 times now. A six year old dumb kid would have got it by now.)

NOw not only is your statement way off and it defies logic, if you really think about it no one has ever attempted to predict something that has never happened. And no where do i claim to be able to do this. I dont even know that i would try to predict something that has never happened. (the only people who attempted to do this are religious nuts talking about the end of the world and god coming back or some other rubbish like that.)

Every prediction i have made has happened before. TEams with bad qbs, have posted 5-11 records before, teams that have made the play offs have gone on to fail to post a winning record the year after. Teams that cant protect their qbs have post 5-11 records before. Teams that cant run the ball have posted losing records even worse than 5-11.

What are the facts i am using to make a prediction of a losing record?

Team x cant protect their QB from vicious hits because their oline sucks
    Teams X has a lousy QB who cant complete passes to his wr.
    Team x cant block for their running back to gain any meaningful yardage.
    Team x doesnt have the defenders to stop other teams from scoring against them.

One or more of these facts currently describe every single team that will win record of less than five games. (teams that later incur injuries that put them in the same category will suffer the same fate depending on when it happens in the season)

Let me say it again. Those are all facts i can use to adequately predict a team that will probably have a losing record this year.
    I simply dont have enough adjectives to describe how stupid the last line in your post is without incurring another infraction so i will just tell you, do you your best to edit that crap before more people see it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sorry, I know you live in your own little world where apparently weathermen are always correct, however in the REAL world, despite using "facts" (which they aren't) and data (correct, have a lollypop) they are not 100% right.

Like I said, you cannot predict the future, Nostradamus. And you can talk about whatever variables you like, you won't be 100%.

So the main crux is this: Some people think the Cardinals will win more then 5, some don't. It's called an opinion. So STFU and get over yourself.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Is this guy for real? Does he even know what he's talking about anymore?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Lol.. Seems like some one is embarrassed after i exposed their ignorance.
    Hey Gunny I DID NOT SAY THE WEATHERMAN IS ALWAYS CORRECT. You are making that chit up because i exposed your ignorance. I clearly said the weatherman uses facts and tangible data to make his weather predictions. No where do i mention the accuracy of the predictions!!! try again!!!

Like I said, you cannot predict the future, Nostradamus. And you can talk about whatever variables you like, you won't be 100%.

No that is not what you said!!! this is what you said. LEt me quote it for the second time

That statement full of ignorance the likes of which you wont even find a highschooler spouting. That is the simple truth. A full grown man of voting age can not post this garbage on a public forum as though it were common sense. (or even uncommon sense)

That is the ignorance that you spewed own it and stop lying !!!

lmao! I find it rather disturbing that two people on this forum actually had the nerve to put their stamp of approval on such a statement.

What high school did yall go to?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

riiiight...come back to Earth, Marvin

Yes I know you didn't say that. I never said that you said it (hello comprehension skills). My point was that even if they use "facts" and data they are still wrong. Therefore your "study" of "facts" and data can say you are wrong about the Cardinals.

My god, are you that simple?

Alright, time to end this moronic conversation.

This is the definition of a fact:

Note the key words.

Now you've been proven wrong, facts do not exist in the future because the future doesn't exist in the now, it is not able to be defined, only guessed at, or predicted.
    Weathermen predict, meteorologists uses trends and statistics of current events to guess (ie. predict) at what will occur tomorrow. They cannot factually say it will rain tomorrow because there are no facts to prove it will. Only the possibility that it could rain because the clouds are moving in this direction.

You cannot use facts to prove what will happen in the NFL. You cannot simply because of probability. Nothing in the future is 100% therefore nothing can be factual.

Now kindly go away.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He knew what he was talking about?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

London High School. Where did you get your GED at?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar