thoughts after tonights game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karmarouge, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Its definitely not to get involved in stupid arguments with people like you who apparently have difficulty comprehending simple debates.

Can you show me any where i have posted such a nonsensical argument like the one you sighted about VY?

There is a reason you over simplify the bulk of the debates i have been in. Either you dont understand them or you are purposely making a nincompoop our of yourself!

frankly speaking, i dont care. It aint football related so i can tell you where to put your two bit opinion!

Ps.. I will later look up some over used forum cartoon so i can appear as mature as you do posting such juvenile nonsense. Promise. . I will!

2. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Um sir, i havent lost, the games are yet to be played!!!!:sad2:

Um no, that might seem impressive to you, but it wouldnt be to me and a whole lot of other NFL fans. Ok so the bucs beat the saints, and the rams beat the cowboys..So what? Ever heard the phrase "the sun can shine on a dogs butt every now and then" or "any given sunday"? Well in the NFL it means that on any given sunday any team can beat any other team. It does not follow that because a bad team fluked a win, that makes them great, good or even average. So the bucs beat the saints. Did they go on to win the superbowl? Or did the better than average team, the good team in the saints instead pick up and continue to the play offs and a superbowl win while the terrible team in the bucs racked up loss after loss? Any one who has taken a high school level math course in odds and probabilities will explain to you that winning less than 20% of your games even if one were against the best team in the league would statistically and practically leave you as a bottom of the barrel type team.

Also beating up on the worst 5-6 teams in the league, while losing to every other team with a winning record would still make you a bad team. Not average, not good, but bad!

Come on man, that is a weak argument!

You're supposed to beat the bad teams. And the fact that you only picked bad teams, teams with terrible records from last year as the only probable wins for the cardinals is telling. The cardinals themselves are bad.

And most importantly yet, they have to beat these so called "bad" teams most of which have significant improvement on paper while the cardinals have shown nothing but regression. For one who is tired of speaking of the cardinals, you do show such tenacity in responding my posts about them. You could very well ignore all i say and proceed with other things.
    And if you saw the game last night you would understand my original post about the cardinals much better. It was more about the titans than the Cardinals and last night's showed it. THAT IS THE CORE OF MY ARGUMENT, GAUGING THE TITANS AS A TEAM BASED ON THE QUALITY OF TEAMS THEY HAVE FACED THUS FAR THIS PRESEASON!!!

Didnt you hear, Donnie Nickey will fix all that, he is a great special teamer who Fisher says will step up in the regular season and shut down all those special team miscues. Its what he does best.:))

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You just made my argument for me. Any given Sunday any team can beat any other team so your assertion that 7 wins over bad teams isn't impressive goes against your "any given Sunday" point. And yea I picked like 9 bad or average teams but I also said I'm sure they'd win some games I didn't list, I said they are a 7-9 team which is a solid or good team. You don't seem to value the importance of wins in the NFL as much as I do.

Oh sorry, I guess if I said "mark my words" or typed in all caps or used insults then I would be allowed to predict the future and expect people to believe me. Sorry, I'll remember that next time. You don't know what's going to happen anymore than anyone on this forum so stop acting like you do.

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

No no no! You still dont get it. Any given sunday and 7 wins have nothing to do with each other..That would change to 7 given sundays not "any"

That point was made specifically to counter the bad example you gave of the bucs beating the saints (and more)

Matter of fact if one followed your own argument to its logical conclusion, those other bad teams that you think will lose to the Cardinals also have the exact same chance of beating them. Further weakening your own argument.
    That would cut your predicted 7 wins into 3 or 4 wins. Add one fluky win against a good team as the bucs and rams did last year then you end up with about 5 wins..A bad team as i said.

Now u are just getting emotional. For the third time, the Cardinals record is not my main concern. It may be yours but it is not mine. Difference between you and i is that i am making my prognostications based on actual tangible and most recent data. You on the other hand seem to be making baseless predictions based on yester years performance while ignoring the current facts on the table and even going as far as declaring yourself a winner for making illogical predictions that are yet to come through.

I havent done that any where. Matter of fact i do concede in my posts that i couldnt be wrong about the final cardinal's record. (which you apparently mistook for back tracking.)

I will say again my arguments are based on exactly what i have seen on the field from the cardinals. To this point, i am yet to see any valid argument from you other than wild speculation and parallel arguments about other teams like the bucs, whose performance as absolutely nothing to do with the Cardinals and can not logically be used to argue as to why the cardinals will have a winning season next year as you claim.

And those caps i use, have been in an attempt to try and get you to focus on the core of the argument! Something which you have proven that you simply cant do and as such have wasted too much of your time on a rather irrelevant minor off shoot of my core issue. That is what people use caps for in these posts. To help those having great difficulty in grasping the point of a post.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I didn't bother reading that to be honest, I'm really beyond caring lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

thats a relief, this way i wont have to keep trying to drum it into your head that the cardinals record doesnt matter or make you understand the point of my argument.

You are too caught up in trying to post your predictions and cant see straight.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You hear that everyone? A team's record doesn't matter. You're so wise karmarouge.

8. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

i knew this already but its nice to see that some one like you could see this as well:brow:

9. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Bravo! A short reply.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Original Question:
    Most Recent Dribble:
    You asked him which games he THINKS the Cardinals might win. He gave you several games he thinks they might win therefore he addressed your question.

BTW future predictions are nothing but speculation. You can't use facts on something that has never happened :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar