thoughts after tonights game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karmarouge, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

the cardinals stink!!! jeez they freakin suck!!!! no wonder Warner called it quits and doesnt want ever smell that nasty offensive line for the rest of his life!!

Gamblers if you are out there, you know what team to bet against every stinkin sunday.. just put your money on whoever they play against and watch that money double up!!!

And finally this year, we get to put the VY vs Leinert debate to rest... I got a feeling a lot of VY haters and leinert lovers are going to have a whole lotta egg on their faces.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

There was a debate? Leinart has always been VY's whoopin boy.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Loved the offense, got off to a slow start but then it really clicked. Hoping this year we can air it out a lot more and see less of Johnson and more of Ringer/Blount. Not because I don't like Johnson but he can't be the whole offense like last year.

The defensive pressure looked really good and without Morgan and a few others. The secondary got lucky with some bad passes from Leinart and especially Anderson but hey it's pre season and the corners are young, they'll get better. I do like the upside in Verner so we'll see.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My thoughts...

This is the 2nd game the dline dominated the other team. Not a coincidence.

The recievers looked better tonite. Washington looked solid and made the big catch finally. Hawkins got to show some of his explosiveness. Williams got his first time and looked solid. Cook had some nice grabs.

The linebackers...beasts. Tulloch was everywhere. The front 7 looks fast, athletic, and mean. Good ol Titans football.

The DB's looked good, not great but solid. I didn't see them throw to Verner's side hardly at all. Was that due to his coverage or playcalling or what?? Either way, I like Verner.

Offense and defense both clicked. I think we've got a dangerous, dangerous team. Now when CJ hits the homerun the other team won't be able to get an easy score to counter it.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Of course the Cards suck. What can they do without Warner, Boldin, and Fitzgerald?

"Nothing" is the answer to that question.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As for my thoughts...

Cut Simms, P. Williams, and I really want Mouton gone, but I think it's only fair to give him one more season or so to see if he can improve. He was terrible tonight, as usual.

VY looked good for the most part. He got a very lucky bounce after he fumbled that ball on the run.

I was disappointed in Britt's lack of effort at times. Also, kicking the ball out of the field of play... not so smart, Kenny. By the way, that ball landed three rows from where I sit.

It was nice to see Verner in there breaking up that pass in the endzone.

If I were Wisenhunt, I would strongly consider starting Anderson over Leinart.

7. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Great game all around.

Offense - Started off a bit slow, but eventually got it going. VY made some solid throws, along with a few questionable ones, but that happens.

How about freakin' Nate? He had about 3-4 tough grabs, and not a single drop if I can remember. Sure hope he plays up to his potential this year. Williams also had quite a few grabs tonight.

Gado/Blount - We have a nice short yardage battle here. Gado looked amazing in his short time, and Blount showed some good signs as well. Wouldn't mind letting Gado get the short yardage carries this year, and let Blount get use to being in football shape.

Simms looked more under control tonight, making some solid throws, as did Rusty. Even Collins made some good throws as well. Would like to have it be VY/Collins/Rusty.

Defense - - What else can you say about our defensive line? With a few of our starters missing, they played out of their minds. Constantly getting pressure on Matt/Anderson. How about Jason Jones? Not only did he get to the QB often, he made him pay when he did. Love the way they played tonight.

I kept telling myself "I can't wait to see Verner make a play. Couple of minutes go by and still don't see him. Then I thought to myself, "That kids having a nice ball game." Always good when you don't see your CB making many tackles, means he's covering his guy extremely well. McCourty got beat quite a few times, but like OhioTitan mentioned in the chat, he tackles extremely well, so hopefully his covering skills can get a bit better.

Special Teams - Kick off team struggled just a bit, but that'll get better I'm sure. No dropped punts from Williams/Mir tonight so that's always a good thing.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Cut Simms & Pearman.

Blount is a beast.

Our LBS are legit. And I can't wait for Tulloch to finally get some recognition!! (he's rated so low on Madden, that's all that matters lol)

Hopefully VY can keep his accuracy, looked sharp today.

Marc Mariani and Damian Williams are decent returners. I want Marc to make the team.

I'm going to miss McRath during his ban :(

I smell a 1st round CB next year.

Rennie Curran is a buff man.

Derrick Morgan, get well soon!

9. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

my thoughts of this game is simple.fisher has some thinking to do.we have alot of depth and so hes gotta pick the right guyz because we could have an amazing football team this year if we dont let the right pieces go.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tulloch and McRath(when he is back from suspension) are gonna be beastly, Witherspoon looked pretty good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar