Though Winning is the Goal, Evaluation is a Priority

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said Tuesday afternoon that winning is always the goal in a preseason game but evaluating the players is important as well. "You try to win every game," said Fisher. "You don’t go in with any other purpose than that, but evaluation is also a priority. This is important for us. You don’t want to go into the season not having experienced that feeling. There is a unique feeling in the locker room after a ballgame if you win. That’s obviously our objective over the next couple of weeks." Fisher went on to explain that losing can be used as a teaching tool if the correct approach is taken. "As long as you put things in perspective and explain what happened and why it happened," Fisher said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

To me...Fisher is still one of the best. I love reading his interviews.

3. Yeah he's a good guy, but it remains to be seen what he's gonna do this season that will convince everyone that he is the right man for the job to take the Titans back to the play-offs

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

A lot of questions will be answered this week they need to play well on both sides of the ball.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I feel like teams that are filled with Vets that already know how to win don't really need to win in the pre-season. The Colts are a prime example of that. They didn't win a single pre-season game last year and look what they did. Our team on the other hand, is compiled of young guys who aren't used to winning at this level (other than a few) so winning may be a more helpful for their confidence and learning curve. Not to mention, if anything else mearly to boost the morale of the team.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what did the dolts do last season

On O they started the year slow
    On D they started the year good but didn't keep it up once the O started playing good.

7. Titan

Titan Guest

Has there been any rumors that he might lose his job? I love Jeff and still think he has what it takes to get us back to the big game.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I certainly hope to see Tulloch playing with the 1st team defense at some point against the Falcons. Would also like to see Pillar replaced as the starter with either Bell or Amano.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar