Those who went to the game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 11, 2009.

?
  1. Good

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Great

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Horrible

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There were maybe 200 Titans fans at that game. I saw about ten too... I saw more off in the distance.

I just did not see enough effort by Titans fans and it pissed me off. I didn't mean that literally no Titans fans cheered loudly or showed balls. I just didn't see any of 'em.

Riverman, I think you're experience was better because you were with more people. I was just with my dad. By the way, you said you were 25 rows up?... that's pretty close to where I was. I was on the Titans side. Were you?

Another funny note I forgot to add was: There was an extremely drunk chick (Steelers fan) who sat next to me. Everytime I clapped, she clapped. When I stood up and cheered really loud when Gage caught that TD pass, she got pretty excited. It was very funny.

P.S. Tennygrl, you weren't wearing a Bironas jersey by chance, were you? Just curious. I know there were many ladies cheering on the Titans... Just thought I'd check.

2. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

No Ravens, I was wearing Finnegan's jersey. You know, one of the only players who showed up? LOL. The people behind me (of course, Steeler fans) had never heard of Finnegan until that night. They were amazed at how he was all over the field.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^I didn't keep my stub but I think it was row W or V. Did you see Lynn Swann?

btw the next day's pitt paper had a pic of a guy in an alternate CJ jersey standing around the 50 yd line close to where you and I were. I know it wasn't me because I was in the home CJ (dark shoulder, light torso). Was it you?

It is hard to turn it around when somebody addresses you like a jerk at first- but I'm not kidding- there was only one incident where I thought I'd get physical (and I really wouldn't have because it was just some 18 yo kid that would have taken about 30 seconds to drop like railroad spike.)

I'm glad that Tennygrl93 had a good experience also. IMO- the Steelers fans are really good fans. You have to admit- it would be nice if the Titans fans would support our team with that kind of spirit.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I sat almost right next to four Titans fans. They weren't very into the game, but I thought I'd ask to see if that was y'all.

I was in Section 110, Row BB, Seat 14. They were great seats. I expected to be a little further down because LP Field is set up differently. I was wearing my #9 jersey over a Titans hoodie, and khaki shorts. I had my blue towel in the hoodie pocket. God I wanted to pull that baby out.

Tennygrl, the reason I thought I'd ask is because on our flight there was this woman who was wearing a Bironas jersey. She came up to my dad and I, wanting to walk through the airport with us because she was scared. It was pretty lame. We were walking with her and then we both headed to the bathroom. That was the end of her. With her timid attitude, I wonder if she made it out alive.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

She should have been scared. If she didn't get harassed by Steeler fans, the Titan fans probably did.
    Really, who is a fan of field goal kickers, besides Fisher?...:grrhee:

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

If people think you are a wife or girlfriend of a player from a visiting team, they usually try to give you a hard time. Most guys tell their family's not to wear their jersey to an away game. The worst and most scary is at a Raider's game.

The away game experience is very fun when you travel with a bodyguard, and not so good for the home team fans. If I know I have backup, I act a monkey fool and don't hesitate to cuss folks out.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Easy. Steeler fans go to the games instead of selling their tickets to Titans fans.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've been to 3 Rivers Stadium, (never to Heinz Field), Clevelands Mistake-On-The-Lake, Oakland, Atlanta and Cincy. Cincy gave us the best experience. Their fans were fairly nice but considering that they have nothing to cheer about team wise. We went into a bar filled with Bengal fans and they bought us drinks and joked with us for hours. They were really pretty cool. The city puts up billboards welcoming the other teams fans. They use the team to their full advantage, tourist wise $$$$$$.
    Oakland on the other hand, is useless realestate. If the Gods above ever decide to give the Earth an enema, the nozzle will be shoved in at Oakland California. Their fans can get away with just about anything they want. You would be will advised to leave the children and weak of heart at home, even if they're Oakland fans! The stands are full of foul mouthed, tatooed, shirtless, toothless drunks and they bring their husbands with them.
    One thing about the Pittsburgh game that might have settled their fans down, they didn't exactly kick anyones arse. They were taken into overtime by a team that was beating themselves. Not much to brag about.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll say one more time and I'm done. The loud fans are just looking to have some fun and they will have it at your expense if you let them.

Smile or laugh at them, raise your fist, go over and give them five or shake their hand- swap words with them. Compliment them on their spirit. If your pride won't let you do that- then you have no business visiting THEIR stadium. You just can't let them get to you.

There was only one out of 100 encounters I had that could have been trouble and that was just because the kid grabbed my jersey. When he saw I didn't play that way he moved on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar