Thorton Signs!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twelfth Man

Twelfth Man Guest

PUKE! PUKE! PUKE! I really hate to see David Thornton go to Nashville. IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT. I am exasperated that we let another good linebacker get away.

I'm really glad for David because the money seems GREAT. But it breaks my heart to see him go. Now I have to root against him. At least until the Titans are out of the AFC South chase.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Richard

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This is a solid move because it really fills a serious hole in the defense. We now have one less postion we need to worry about in the draft.

It is possible that a solid WR available in the 2nd, assuming one we really like is there could be a higher priority. We also could look more seriously at OT in the 2nd (assuming we can get a big upgrade over Stewart). If they are really high on a MLB or S it wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Orh come on. You got Rocky Calmus from us last year. This is a fair trade :lol:

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Thorton>Rocky

5. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Too bad we didn't get James or Wayne as well!

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

so would Lawyer Milloy. :brow:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The other big thing about signing Thornton, outside of him being a good player, is leadership.

Captain for the Colts, and not a head case. He sounds like a class guy and should be good for the locker room.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The more I read and hear, the better I think it is. I'm pretty excited.

I think the second round of the draft for us is going to be either MLB, S or OT. I know that's a wide range of positions, but if I had to guess, I'd take safety out of the equation. Too bad Ahmad Brooks isn't coming out. I'd draft him in the 2nd if he fell and let him heal for a year.

Wouldn't mind Chris Hope or Lawyer Milloy myself at safety.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I love that he was president of his high school class. I also love that he was a walk-on that made good. But this is the most important thing I've read on Dave Thornton yet:

In four previous seasons with the Colts, the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Thornton only missed one game, playing in 63 total contests with 47 starts.

:applause: :applause:

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Oh, and I'm for drafting Daniel Bullocks S, Nebraska in round 2 to cover our safety needs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar