Thornton to Visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Former Colts LB David Thornton is expected to make a visit to the Titans as early as Saturday evening. Thornton, a 6-foot-2, 230-pound outside linebacker, has played in all but one game for the Colts since drafted in 2002. His best season was his second year where he recorded 145 tackles. Last year, he totaled 81 tackles and two sacks. Thornton was a fourth-round pick in 2002 who ran a 4.62 40-yard dash.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

since the culpepper thing is over, yeah why not i would take him. What would we do with our 2nd rounder if we get this lb?

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

This guy is no better than Sirmon. Why waste the time and $$$ ???? Here we go penny pinching.....

5. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

If they get thorton what would they want in round 2 surely not a wr maybe an rb maybe a safety in the 2nd.... who knows thorton bullock maybe a mlb in the 2nd. Maybe they get Mason back from B-more lol not really but it wouldnt hurt us.

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Why do I keep hearing people talk about Mason coming back from Baltimore? Why in the hell would Baltimore want to trade him? Have the said they want to trade him? He was great for them last year. Better than almost any offensive weapon they had aside from maybe Heap. Where is this coming from?

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Oh, and I am all for signing Thornton

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd take Thornton, i'd like to hear wino's (or other Colt fan) thoughts on him though.

9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Do we really want a Colts defender? Their finesse (aka "soft") D doesn't cut it. Remember when we used to "pound" people with our D and our OL. Those were the days. We should pay a few extra bucks and bring in a thumper like Witherspoon over Thornton.

Wait, why sign anyone? Let's just wait till the draft and keep our $11 million. The rookies will put us over the top....5-11 is better than 4-12, isn't it?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

good god you won't shut up will you.

nothing but whinge whinge whinge. sheesh.

FYI the Colts 'soft' D almost won them the game which would most likely had put them in the superbowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar