Thompson, Others Put on Notice for Missing Plays

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher was asked about S Lamont Thompson's missed tackle on a long gain by Marty Booker. "You have to make those plays," said Fisher. "Obviously he’s been put on notice along with the rest of the guys that weren’t making those type of plays in the defensive scheme that we needed to." When asked to detail what he meant by being "put on notice", Fisher said, "You get a guy in a situation to make a play he’s got to make the play. If it happens again then you’ve got to find someone else to make that play. It’s pretty simple."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If he drops Thompson it will be like xmas has come early :grrhee:

3. this is the type of article many of us are going to like

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is bs. put on notice? c'mon. I've been a real fisher guy lately but give me a stinkin' break. this is bull crap. fisher needs to stick his foot where the "sun don't shine". That kind of play should not be tolerated. This is a bad message in my opinion. I want action. these words of his are horse hockey.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

people have been saying for a few weeks guys have gotten too complacent and arent afraid they're going to lose their jobs. well, now he threatens to bench some people, and he still gets called out. the man can do no right.

6. i would like to see calvin lowry in at fs, at least we know he will hit people as hard as he can

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

thats what we thought with LT in 2003 :suspect:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no. he was doing fine in my book until now. i'll just trust him. i really feel strongly that the ax should fall over this and some maggot scrubs get promoted. these players need to be pissed that they just got sacked. that's where I am coming from. this may sound like desperation, but it's not. It is my opinion that overall Fisher was too tolerant last year. He needs to quit this hang on loosely approach now and make someone go home and cry tears of despair. He needs to get vocal and mean. I'm serious. Fisher needs to be a pit bull right now. Never satisfied. He needs to get this thing right before it goes way too wrong way too soon. It's not even october.

I still think Vince Young will change the whole vibe and dynamic of the team.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

LT and RH should have been put on notice in the pre season. What the h_ll is that anyways? "Timeout" without having to sit in the corner? Are these boys or men?

[​IMG]

10. well did u see what lowry did to that guy on kr, that was sick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar