Thomas Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I say we trade for Thomas Jones.

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

still a good chance we get Travis back

3. That's why you aren't the GM...

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

1st why would Travis come back after we screwed him out of 8 mill, cmon, really
    2nd, why not have Thomas Jones, next youll be telling me hes not that good

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. Henry was not screwed out of anything. Remember those games he was suspended for in '05? He was lucky to be on a roster in '06 because he was damaged goods. If anything, he needs to be grateful for the Titans wanting to get something for the third-rounder they gave up for him by allowing him to wear a uniform.

The $8.3 bonus was written into his contract for the very purpose McNair's was. It forces a new contract. Neither side expected it to ever be paid.

2. Jones is good. But why pay the money he'll demand only to sit your second-round pick? You end up spending a lot of money on two guys who will split carries. A solid #2 is needed but that can be had a lot cheaper.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

We didn't screw him out of $8 mil. $8 mil is ridiculous to begin with and if any player thinks he'll get a $8 mil bonus is too stupid to be with this franchise. He had a chance to reneg and get a long term deal with us and yet decided to walk. First second we released him he was on a plane. He doesn't wanna come back and I don't really think I want him backk anymore. We stuck with him despite his 2nd offense, gave him PT, and now this? Don't come back Travis, go smoke a joint instead

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

:werd:

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ok youre Travis Henry, you just helped a team get to 8-8 after 2 yrs of struggles and ran for 1200 yds, you set yourself clean and have proven you are dedicated to being a good player, and your team cuts you, after purposly getting you in a trade after looking at the contract situation and seeing that 8 mil bonus in the near future, And who wouldnt be on a plaine if the team has stopped trying to negotiate, its business, but fans dont want to hear that:rolleyes:, it comes down to this, he was a good player on this team, both sides tried to negociate, didnt work out, now i dont see how you bad mouth him, when he was just expecting to get what he origionally signed for, I agree taht 8 mill is way to much, but you cant say HE didnt get screwed

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He didn't. He'll easily make the same amount in a signing bonus, problem is he got greedy and wants more.

10. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Yes, I can! He did not get screwed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar