Thomas Jones to the Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Maybe Mangenious wants to implement the two back system like the Pats had with Marouney and Dillion.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

"The Jets and Thomas Jones have agreed in principle to a long-term contract.

The New York Daily News reports Jones will receive roughly $12 million in guaranteed money. Jones still has to pass a physical on Tuesday."

- Rotoworld

Signing a 30 year old RB to a long term contact with 12 million upfront seems dicey to me. Given where the Titans are as a franchise I'd rather have LenDale.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The Bears got fleeced in this trade IMO

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He's 28 and in his prime.

Leon Washington? Please.

Jones can carry it 20 times a game. It's a steal for the Jets.

5. Jones will be 29 before the season starts and was holding out for a new contract. I'd say the Bears did fine...

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

All depends on Cedric Benson.

7. Very true, but they didn't draft him in the top 5 of the draft for him to sit on the bench forever...

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

i heard a lot of bears fans say that he is too soft, and remember he got hurt in tc last year? i read that the team hates him and tried to hurt him. he got hit by urlacher and mike brown.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Benson got off on the wrong foot in Chicago. The team was 100% behind Jones, who was coming off his best year as a pro, and wanted nothing to do with Benson early on.....but I think he proved himself to his teammates as the season went on.

10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I hope Ced has been learning how to play QB, or that team will continue to have its troubles in some games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar