This team is still very bad

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't think that we are a bad team. I think we have enough pieces to be competitive against the elite teams if we find our identity. Today's win might have came against a struggling team but the Ravens got a scare today and New Orleans got beat. A wins a win and I liked the way we sustained a lead today even if it wasn't pretty at times.

Every defense is going to give up some plays (especially with the newer rules) and I think our defense did well at not giving up too many big plays today. I thought they got laxed at times, but I don't think it was do to our defense sucking.

Our offense is still struggling to find its identity after Britt but it is starting to show some signs of life. We were able to consistently get some positive runs and our receivers improved upon last week's play. Our screen game is still too predictable and we had some more negative runs but we improved. We've got a brand new head coach and coaching staff along with many new players in key roles. I think we still have quite a bit of room for improvement even from our earlier victories this season.

There's still quite a few games left. If we can get another game against a good Cincinnati team we've got a little momentum and are back in the playoff hunt.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And exactly what will a top 10 pick do?

Some people think just because you get a top 10 pick, it amounts to immediate success.

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

We would seriously need the Cows to start dropping games they shouldn't be dropping.

I mean, it's possible, they are the sucky yucky Cows, but I still feel that our playoff fate was sealed with that loss at home to them.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We're half a game back and play them again....

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yeah, but look at their schedule then look at ours.

They have a much easier road ahead of them than we do.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Palmer is clueless as OC.

7. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

We're gonna get hammered by Cincy next week....their defense is VERY GOOD

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see what this guy is saying though, we are coming off two VERY embarassing losses. Going against one of the worst defenses in the league, a team that can not stop the run. Our "star" runningback is struggling, our defense is stuggling... hopefully facing a winless team can turn it all around, right?

Well we did win, and i'm happy for that. Hasselbeck looked solid. Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins made some plays, so did Jared Cook. I was happy with J-Macs and Verners play today. Mariani also showed some life in the return game.

But then I realized that...

• Curtis Painter has 250 yards passing as well as 79 yards rushing. 329 yards against one of the worst starting QB in the league?
    • We allowed 158 yards rushing yards against a team that had 3 backups in at OL and their #1 RB was hurt.
    • We got 2 sacks against the Colts, not terrible, but we could of gotten many more. We did pressure Painter alot, just couldn't finish him off.
    • Our team still struggles with tackling. Why do we keep trying to arm tackle? Why must it take 3 guys to tackle Dallas Clark after he pushed forward for an extra 3 yards?
    • CJ had 14 carries, 34 yards, 2.4 YPC vs the WORST rush D in the league. While Ringer did have a nice 60 yards... we can't even get 100+ yards rushing vs the WORST rush D in the league? Hasselbeck can't pass his way to victory every single game. The run game MUST get it going. It starts with the OL, there is to much penetration right after the snap. Especially with CJ and him being a patient runner, not to mention if he gets touched he falls.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, a win is a win. But it leaves me worried about the upcoming weeks. We need Damian, Hawk, and Cook to keep improving to help out Hass. Our OL needs to step up, as well as the RBs. And on D, tackle hard, make a HIT!

Now lets show Cincy how to play FOOTBALL next week! LEGGO!

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Painter had a lot of yards because we started playing softer in the second half. We started playing a prevent defense to avoid giving up big plays, I'm not concerned that Painter threw for so much.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay put down the stats for a sec and think about this...when did the Colts get most of their yards? When the game was put away.

We started playing softer as time went on and they got some garbage yards. The defense looked pretty good outside a couple dumb plays by McRath and our missed tackles. The offense was alright it looks like we have a bipolar WR in Hawk and D-Will continues to contribute. I wish Cook would get the ball more and eventually the running game will get fixed and then lookout.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar