This team is not well coached

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fixed...

Wow....three weeks into the guy's rookie season (a season with no offseason, no OTA's, a new OC, DC, and two new QBs, that he has started 2-1), and we are ready to fire him??? LOL.

Yeah, we looked bad at times today, and the penalties were bad. However, note that Smith was shown the pine for his dumbarse penalty, which was part of forcing "accountability" that I heard Munch preach about when he was hired.

I, for one, am willing to give him some time here. Lets see how they respond next week (will the penalty crap become habitual???) before we start going off on the coaching again.

The team did actually show me something today. After those two stupid offsides penalties inside the 5, we stopped them on downs. We then held them again, and our offense took the ball 95 yards on a GW drive...that shows character (which we have not had in a while) and should reflect on the coaching as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

He is proven.

Last year he proved he is mediocre, and this year he is proving he is one of the worst in the league.

And I don't see how the timeout before the half is such a mindboggler for our members not so gifted in football IQ.

They had been close to blocking punts all day, and wanted a shot to block that one.

I know, the mere idea of that one comes out of left field, but please just attempt to wrap your mind around it so you can keep even an ounce of credibility.

And that is a farcry for anyone still clinging onto CJ's jock.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our 31st ranked O-line last year for run blocking had nothing to do with it while he still had close to 1400 yards? Our probably 32nd ranked o-line this year has nothing to do with it?

If CJ stayed in camp and was producing exactly the same would you still be complaining? After the first game I thought it was mostly CJ's fault holding out but after seeing how horrid our o-line is on a consistent basis no matter which RB is in the game, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have done much better in the first 3 games had he been there and not held out. It doesn't magically make your blockers learn to block better. They have been awful for 19 games but on a whole new level of awfulness this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

That's my exact feelings as well.

Some of the ticky-tack calls on our guys and the unbelievable no-calls on the Broncos had me almost believing the old "Refs were paid off" line. And I don't even want to think about the Nate catch that was called incomplete even after a clear review. If I'm Munch, the league would hear about that one tomorrow.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yes, I was complaining last year when the tard kept cutting 10 times before he got to the line.

You go block for that, see how it goes.

Now he is thinking one of two things:

"Ahhhhh crap, time to step it up to 20 cuts before the line if I'm going to be CJ3KAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Or

"Got my paycheck, we still won the game. What's the problem?"

Either way it isn't getting better. When you want big playmaker money, I expect you to be a playmaker. Most playmakers can beat a... immaginable... 8 man front atleast sometimes.

And don't cry foul on the O-line. If you try to pin the ENTIRE running game on the O-line comprised of most the guys who got CJ 2000 yards your a hippocrit.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The success of an O-line starts with how good your center is...and our center blows...I'm putting as much blame on the O-line as I do on CJ.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

We won the game despite some stupidity from our players and despite the referees playing against us. Denver only scored because of stupid penalties, and despite everything we still won.

I'll tell you who isn't "TheSureThing" though, your little princess wearing #28. Was pretty disgusting watching him drop easy passes. Was also pretty disgusting watching him get 21 yards rushing. It's funny, because in that birthday thread someone jokingly suggested he would get one yard for every year that he's been alive... that would have been an improvement!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

And just to drive this point home (since you're CJ's biggest defender):

Our PUNTER... KERN... had as many yards rushing as CJ.

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Ringer wouldnt be born until 6 years from now

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Something I STILL don't understand... Harris looked so good at center, his natural position, against the Ravens in the playoffs '08. Amano was so much better at guard. I know that's the past, but I never understood the shuffle in the first place. I'd have to guess Harris struggles with miscues in practice or something. Still miss the great run blocking we used to have. Pass protecting looks good... I still hope we draft/sign some big nasty mofo to put in the middle of our line next offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar