This shows a more mature Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Didn't Collins to enough last year to con"vince" you?

Collins looked great vs. the Bills, did he not? 7/10 82 yards, no picks?

Ok, he impressed no one Saturday but he impressed the hell out me all season long last year.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

seriously. 1 year ago I literally cringed at the thought of KFC going in the game... today I think he is solid. That just goes to show you how quickly things can change.

It should offer us a bit of hope for VY.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It's no coincidence that this team that has above average running backs, O-line, entire defense, and special teams can not win playoff games (beat the big boys) UNTIL a top QB is inserted.

There's a reason Indy has won 12 games for 6 straight years, and it's not their defense or the carousel of running backs. And it's why New Orleans turned their team around IMMEDIATELY from a 3-13 season in 2005 to WINNING THE DIVISION in 2006 upon Brees' arrival. There are many more examples. And, you rarely if ever see a wide receiver, running back, or any other position step in and completely turn a team around, or take a team to the next level like a quarterback can.

And, right now there isn't a QB on our roster that has the ability to be that guy. Hearing Bud speak of Vince as the future of this franchise makes it really set in that we haven't provided this team a ring in 49 years and have no intentions of changing that anytime soon.

4. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yeah...makes you wonder why Peyton has only been to 1 superbowl in over 10 years and Drew Brees has one playoff win in his career. :sarcasm:

Now i'll wait for the "it takes a team" response...

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

QB - Superbowl Wins

Peyton Manning - 1
    Tom Brady - 3
    Eli Manning - 1
    Ben Roethlisberger - 2
    Kurt Warner - 1

All Active QB's that can put a team on their shoulders and win games by themselves.

Now heres a list of Active QB's I consider "Managers"

QB - Superbowl Wins

Kerry Collins - 0
    Joe Flacco - 0
    David Garrard - 0
    Kyle Orton - 0
    Jason Campbell - 0

Take a look at the last 17 Superbowls, 15 of the 17 winning QB's aren't MANAGERS and are great QB's.

Its the simple truth. You can't win a Superbowl without a Superbowl QB. And by that I mean, a QB that can take over a game, and win it by himself. We've seen Warner do it, we've seen Brady do it, we've seen Peyton do it, we've seen Steve Young, Brett Favre, and Big Ben do it.

The Titans won't win a superbowl with Kerry at QB, anyone who believes they will is just fooling themselves.

Your QB needs to make plays, not avoid making mistakes..

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

You make some valid points but I think you also must consider that....

Tom Brady was a manager for the first SB Win
    Big Ben was a manager for the first SB win
    Eli was a manager(many still don't think of Eli as a top 5 qb)

7. netnut

netnut Starter

VY will be good now! I was waiting for him to grow up. I feel he has. Will make the Titans a good 2 great 1/4 back for years to come!!!!
    Steve is with U. VY ;-)))))))))))​

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And Peyton was certainly not the reason they won the Superbowl that year.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Nor was Eli the main reason the Giants won the SB the year before last.

And the only thing Eli is in the top five in is salary.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

What everyone remembers about Eli's Super Bowl win was his perfect PASS to the corner of the end zone. And, last year Warner made the go ahead pass, and Big Ben matched that driving his team down the field with his arm and making the play everyone remembers from that Super Bowl; the pass to Holmes in the corner of the end zone.

I'm not remembering one Super Bowl where a run first quarterback made incredible plays with his legs to carry the team to a title. That's because they can't sniff even playing in February.

All promising receivers that go to a team with a run-first QB, go there to die. And, it's why receivers would rather take a pay cut and go somewhere that won't ruin their chance at the hall of fame. Check Roddy White's stats comparing Vick and Matt Ryan as his QB. It's night and day. That's what a run-first QB has to offer - bringing every other offensive weapon down to his level.

Let's remember, there's nothing wrong with having the 'ability' to run, but when it's counted on, in the NFL you have zero chance of winning against the best teams in the league when it counts most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar