This shows a more mature Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's a bit different for a ROOKIE to play decent vs other rookies and scrubs than it is for a 4th year STAR like Vince to finally have a decent performance vs them.

Wouldn't you say?

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

first off i've been behind the guy since we drafted him. Second, yes it shows alot of maturity in the interview and if your too blind to see that then that's your fault. YOU get real.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

OK i get it now, if he sucks against the backups then he sucks bad, but if he plays well then its because their backups? Wow. You should be a writer with the other scrubs over at espn

4. Deuce Wayne

^You just basically admitted to being a VY fanboy and supporting him no matter how terrible he's been- and then accuse someone else of being blind.

That's hilarious.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Wow so that's what you took away from what i said huh? Well your asinine post never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If he sucks against backups, then yes, he does suck pretty bad. If he plays well against backups, no, it doesn't mean all that much. That's simply life in the NFL. The starters play the games that count. The backups are backups because they are inferior in some way to the starters. That's how it is.

Outside of that, there are other things you can get out of a preseason game. You can see confidence, poise, mechanics, and ability to execute. When I watch QB play in the preseason, I watch their ball placement. A QB can throw the ball on the numbers every time, and have players drop them. On the other hand, I don't think much of passers who have a high completion rate, but had players making circus catches to grab the ball.

That said, Young wasn't bad at all the other night. His ball placement wasn't the best in the league, but it might have been the best he's ever done. That's called progress. It's encouraging, but still only a reason to be cautiously optimistic. It will be even more encouraging if he can repeat that performance against starters... I really want to see him start against Dallas. That will be a decent test for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Uh. Yeah. A rookie QB doesn't typically start and do great vs 1st string immediately. A 4th year top 5 draft pick should DOMINATE a 2nd string though. If here in 3 years Freeman is playing 2nd string and only having a few good games vs other 2nd stringers- he'll get the same criticism.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Except no one will care about Freeman.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince Young should be torching 2nd string talent in order to live up to his experience level and draft status. Actually, he shouldn't even be in a back-up quarterback role. I wonder what Manning, Rivers, Palmer, Roethlisberger, or McNabb would look like in their fourth year against 2nd and 3rd teamers? Touting Vince too highly for his performance Saturday is like bragging about how faithful you are to your wife. Monogamy is expected in marriage. Vince was MUCH improved but lets not lose sight of the fact that he is sub-par to what he should be. Hopefully, with a lot of work, this time next year he might be there. I want to go back to being ga-ga over the guy. He wet my appetite early on when he first came out but since he has failed miserably to live up to his own hype.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm happy that Vince doesn't have to fight off the drama this week. He got into a rhythm, and was able to hit guys in stride, put the ball where it needed to go, and play comfortably. He looked good. The numbers he put up were up there with any QB in the preseason. Interesting how either Collins or Young does well, but neither seems to 'be there' on the same day. With these kinds of up and down games, it makes acknowledging Collins is the starting QB hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar