This shows a more mature Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/qb-vince-young/c6863ba4-f1f3-4339-b455-5e57c99bc152

Things i took away from this interview.

-When he describes the TD pass, he describes what the corner should have done on a cover 2. Meaning Vince read the defense, saw the defender out of position, Britt changed to a go-route and Vince expected him to because he has been studying the playbook.

-He says britt should be big for kerry. That was a very mature statement. It says hey i know my position and right now im a back up. And i'm behind kerry 100%.

-He contiuously says it's not all about me=Team Player

-They asked if he played to quiet his critics and he answers that;s not what it's about and he doesn't worry about them. He can ignore criticismn

2. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I'm being cautiously optimistic. I really hope Vince can get it together and become the QB we all hoped he would be. Kerry was pretty good last year and I'm pretty sure he'll do a fine job this year too...but he is not our future. The real test will be after Vince has another bad game...can he keep it together? Not panic and remain professional? He still has a lot of upside and when he shows flashes like he did tonight and like his rookie year you can't help but be excited about him.

3. OaklandTnTitan

OaklandTnTitan Camp Fodder

After tonight's game and the beautiful play/pass to Britt, I think the Young to Britt connection is something we should all get used to seeing down the road. GO TITANS!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ColeJ.

ColeJ. Right Brigade

i'm sure most of the vince haters don't hate vince because he's vince... but rather they hate the way he's acted in the past.

i've never been a vince hater, but at times last season i was disappointed in him. (hey, i'm from texas... that means i love bud, vince, bo, ahmard, griff, earl, and everyone else related at all to the titans and oilers franchise from texas.)

my point is, i think this bodes well for VY.

if he doesn't act like the haters expect him to act, he makes their arguments against him moot points. :) even with his bold predictions and outspoken interviews this offseason, i've liked everything i've seen from vince the last several months. he's getting it.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I can get used to seeing it in the preseason vs 2nd and 3rd stringers. Not expecting to see it vs any starting defenses though.

Speaking of- did anyone notice how sharp the rookie on the other team looked? Freeman?

6. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

I've been much more impressed with Vince so far this season than the previous 2, next week is going to be the big test for him and the starting offensive line to be honest (you have to admit, they were incredibly lackluster) If he can put up similar numbers ( 50+completion %, around 80 yards and a positive TD:INT ratio) I will feel that he is coming back on track!

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

5/9 52 yards 1 INT against 3rd stringers, nothing to write home about.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he's clearly recently attended a Jeff Fisher seminar on mediaspeak

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but even Vince learning how to speak to the media is a step in the right direction.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Great performance followed up by a great interview. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar