This might be the weirdest headline I've ever seen for sports

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was browsing Yahoo Sports and I see this headline:

Rockets F Landry shot, out 1-3 weeks

I mean, the guy was shot (not seriously) but that headline makes it sound like it was as minor as a hamstring strain.

Just really weird.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

yeah, they don't call yahoo "yahoo" for nothing.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

it seems as if players in sports are not as important anymore. like they are just bringing all of this on to them selves to make the headlines.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lakers' Bynum out 3-4 weeks (knee)
    Rockets' Landry out 1-3 weeks (bullets)

5. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Plaxico must have loaned him the gun and showed him how to shoot it while in his pant leg

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, since I'm a rocket fan, I'll clear this up.

He left his gated community, and upon leaving was sideswiped, not once, but twice, air bag deployed, car was trashed, and when he gets out of his car to check the damage, they shoot him. It was a clear cut revenge shooting, but mistaken identity. Landry tried to tell them they got the wrong guy. They didn't care. They pulled a gun, Landry bolts. Luckily the guy missed. And Landry got away by running for his life. He literally was being chased by a guy with a gun no less than 6 yards away, and was chased 6 blocks, but being an nba player, he was faster. The guy wanted him dead. Landry said he was bleeding profusely after getting hit during the run, as he tried to knock on door after door for help. Finally someone called 9-1-1, not letting him in, and the police came. He was hiding between a bush and fence, bleeding to death. Saw cop car and ran to it. Landry said he doesn't know how the guy missed him. He was wearing a bright shirt, and just got lucky.

He lived. But I don't think he is to blame based on the evidence. I think it was mistaken identity based on the car. Dude went for food after a long flight back from Charlotte. Probably had an empty fridge after being away on the long road trip. And boom. I really think they got the wrong guy based on my knoweldge of Landry. Very low key. Nice. Not a trouble maker. Has been open about what happened and looks frightened.

Last year he lost his tooth in the playoffs. He's given everything to our team. Rockets look good. We need him too.

I wonder if the shooter is home, thinking damn, why me. I shoot at an nba player, and the man hunt is on, or if he doesn't give an F.

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i dont completely believe your story phi, but i am glad he didnt get killed.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar