This is why you keep veterans around.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

This is what happens when you let guys like Keith Bulluck, Kevin Mawae, and KVB go, there is no leadership.

How much of this BS (VY, Finnegan, losing streak) could have been prevented by having some respected vets in the locker room....

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Maybe you missed the last several years when Vince Young quit in the middle of more than one game, the team started 0-6 and Cortland Finnegan was a pest to every WR in the league...

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

You're right. We should have kept Harper!

Wait... doesn't Donnie Nickey count as a veteran by now..?

4. thepoonerboy

thepoonerboy Jake "Lockout" Locker

Yea, Vince sure did quit that 0-6 season. Glad Kerry was there to almost get us to the playoffs.

5. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm not sure this would have difused VY, but you are absolutely correct on the rest. It's hard to pull a team together when there is no leadership in the locker room. I think assuming that young players would step up and embrace the leadership role was a major misjudgement on Fisher's part.

6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

For what it's worth, I've heard, not actually seen it myself, that Bullock had a way of getting Finnegan to back down a bit. Might not be any truth to it.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I do think that Mawae's absence has had a significant impact on our O-line's performance. I have to wonder if Fisher wasn't playing games with Mawae because of his NFLPA position and statements.

Bulluck was anti-VY regarding the Jax game, but he was increasingly bitter toward Fisher/MR as the end of his contract approached.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fisher just said in his press conference that there is no lack of leadership on this team. :)

Seriously, how clueless is this guy?

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

And yesterday he acted like any problems w/ our defense could be erased w/ some post game "rest". And at the beginning of last year, we had no problems on special teams. And every press conference in between is full of hot air. I wonder if he believes half of what comes out of his mouth during those press conferences.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We still have veterans on the team. I think Collins served a term in Vietnam. And Ahmard defiantly is a vet by now. Moss? He's old enough, but IDK if he's leading anyone anywhere. Yea you're right, we should have kept Mawae, if not to play, to show these idiots how to call out a LB coming in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar