This is why I like Fisher...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I blame Canada!

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Hey!!!!!!! :irked:

I read that!!! :))

3. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

My thought was..........

"Oh No its the Stagger Lee all over again"

But we did not lose the ball this time.

Later

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Who said I only follow those that do good? I said I dislike those that constantly suck. Doesn't make me a band wagoner of any sort. What exactly are you on about?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You can nit pick at words all you want.

6. TitanPhoenix

TitanPhoenix Guest

It seems to me that Fisher's way of calling or coaching games is a very boring type of game. Run, Run, Pass, Punt. But, in the end, it does usually wear down the opponent Defense, which is why most of LW's longer runs are in the latter quarters of the game.

The only problem with this style of play calling is when you get more than 10 points behind and have no long pass conversions.

Maybe this year, we'll see some emphasis on Offense in the WR and TE category.

Here's to an 0-0 a record!

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

my reaction to that play was "that was the most retarded thing i've ever seen in my life"

8. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

It's good to keep teams on thier toes but... I have to agree.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was a gimmick formation that didn't make much sense to me either. If you wanted to make a statement, why not run some trickery out of your basic formation? At least you might catch the defense off-guard.

I've never been a fan of running a trick play on the first offensive snap of the game. Teams used to do it often and I always thought the best thing would be to run a vanilla run up the middle then follow that up with something to catch a defense off-guard.

Either way, it didn't have much impact on the outcome of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar