Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

This is why Boxing is going down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,923
    I wish they would go back to just running the clock forward till someone was knocked out or tossed out
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    And TE- I knew Kimbo would get tore up. He was a garbage puncher anyway from a technical aspect.

Knew he couldn't go ground or fight with any professionals in any sort of fighting. He was just a huge guy with good power punches that street fought.

Funniest thing I saw with him was when a boxer was teaching him how to punch. He did a drill my dad showed me when I was about 7. All about telegraphing punches.

The boxer/coach tells Kimbo to hold his hands up. He's going to try to hit them so he tells him to not let him. Kimbo moves his hands avoiding fast punches. Boxing coach tells him to do it again... this time he throws slow lazy punches... but Kimbo doesn't react quick enough. Every punch hits his hands.
    So he then shows him what it's like when you do it fast. How the unexpected punch hurts more, etc. Even threw his power punch as a straight- no wind, so the same effect was there.

Blew Kimbo's mind. lol Only difference was he wasn't telegraphing his punch. But seeing him being that old and just learning something I did when I was 7... really exposed how he wasn't ready.
  2. TBaker34 Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,702
    Of all those guys Mitrione and Schaub are the only ones who are good right now. Once people realized Brock runs scared once punched he is nothing. Everyone else might have won a few fights but not against anyone that good.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    but the point is, it's like the retirement home for washed up athletes. Says a lot about what MMA is.

Just some thing people do. There's no real science to it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,923
    its a fight sport not science class. Most boxers cannot spell box
  4. TBaker34 Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,702
    Well DW you are good at what you do. I said I wasn't going to argue with you and look at me. So I applaud you for that. Well done sir
    1 people high five this.
  5. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,858
    The bait is irresistible. Guy is an artist.

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,033
    Deuce has been amazing people with his ignorance for years now. Just add this as another subject that DW doesn't understand.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    "The Sweet Science"...
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,356
    This is so true. I personally know about 5 "MMA fighters". And I'd say maybe one of them has any business whatsoever doing it, even at the amateur level. But hey, if they want to get beaten up and embarrassed on the weekends that's their business.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.