This is why Boxing is going down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is Larry Merchant going to cover the Pac-man Mayweather fight?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha probably. He'll just hate on Floyd as he always has.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Chuck Liddell hitting me with UFC gloves (ie barely anything)

Manny hitting me with a thick boxing glove.

Give me Manny every time. UFC fighters dont have a chin? DW HAVE YOU SEEN A UFC FIGHT? Depending on the opponents background, yes, some fights end up being grappling/wrestling contests. But the punches hardly ever stop, regardless of what position you are in.

Not only do UFC fighters have to contend with taking crazy shots to the face and upper body like boxing, but also knee strikes, head strikes, leg strikes, and submissions. If you take the top striker in the ufc and the top striker in boxing, you are telling me that because these are two different sports, one guy isn't going to hit as hard? COME ON, MAN!

UFC punches hurt more than boxing punches. Take the huge sissy pad gloves off those boxers, then we will talk.

Boxing= [​IMG]

UFC= [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

More ignorance. Choking someone unconscious or breaking a limb takes skill.

You do know that you are one of the most ignorant people on the planet right?

5. Deuce Wayne

Here's the problem:

If UFC (the absolute worst in MMA) fighters hit hard- they'd be required to wear thicker gloves.

But then again, they call fights at the slightest sign of someone being stunned by a punch. Which is one thing that ruins it.

Chuck Lidell's punches would never land vs a boxer. He's far too slow.

If Manny Pacquiao hit you bare knuckled, you'd be in the hospital. For days. I don't think you guys realize this. It'd be illegal for a 140lb boxer to punch you because it'd deadly force. Not the case with MMA fighters.

And of course the striker in MMA wont hit as hard. First- MMA doesn't have near the athletes that boxing does yet. It's still a bunch of bummish white guys dominating that sport. They're like the 1950s NBA right now.

Can you honestly see this guy:
    [​IMG]

Being anything in boxing? lol

MMA fighters don't want to stand up. They show that every fight. They don't trust their hands and most the time you see why. They have terrible accuracy, sloppy hands, bad handspeed, etc... they want to lay down and dry hump the guy, hoping to get some submission. lol

Boxers die in the ring.

MMA fighters don't.

Not a coincidence.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

So Anderson Silva, Junior Dos Santos, Jon Jones, And Jose Aldo are all white? Didn't know. Those are just some of the champions. Not to mention Rashad, Shogun, Machida, Cain and many more who I'm pretty sure are amazing athletes and dominating that sport and are not white.

But keep on being ignorant

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Epic levels of cluelessness.

Where to begin? There has been an in-ring death in an MMA fight.

There is theory with growing validity that Boxing is actually more dangerous to a person than MMA. The reason is being ko'd may be less harmful than receiving repeated blows to the head.

MMA is too young to really be able to back this up. I think what we'll see in the future is more brain damaged boxers but on the flip side more crippled MMA fighters from ligament/limb damage.

8. Deuce Wayne

Oh... Here's the thing:

Every unathletic kid now thinks he's an MMA fighter. In every town. Everywhere you go- EVERYONE is now an MMA fighter.

That speaks volumes for how crap it is.

9. Deuce Wayne

One death?... oh you really made your point there. A single instance. Was it a heart-attack due to too many cheeseburgers before the fight?

And you don't get KO'd in MMA... that could be why. You get stunned and they call the fight. It's a joke.

10. Deuce Wayne

My god... you're really reaching. It's a white sport.

With 99% white fans.

Yeah... I'm being ignorant. While you're pretending it isn't a white dominated sport. Reaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar