This is the gameplan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You want a gameplan?

Tennessee pays full trip and game tickets in the boxes for Gunny to go see them play.
    Gunny is a perfect 2 - 0 when he sees them in person, with 2 amazing wins

The Gunny effect is a proven commodity.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:
    yep i second that. We didn't start winning until he was in the stands.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You might have a point. Whatever it takes.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Chow is going to get the running game going, he's going to have to be inventive. I wouldn't be surprised to see four WR sets or Troupe lining up wide to force the Jags D from keeping eight in the box.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This might be an occasion where we pass to open up the run. The biggest weakness on the Jags D is at the safety position. We may run a lot of seam routes to Scaife and Troupe out of 2 TE sets to force the safeties back in coverage. This would force them to have only 7 men in the box and provide opportunities for Lendale and Brown in the running game.

I also think we'll run a lot of the TE screens that we have seen this pre-season. Lendale will run to one side to take Mike Peterson out of the play and look for Vince to dump the screen pass off to Scaife or Troupe on the other side of the field.

I think we take our chances that we can run on the Jags. Our Offensive Line is the strength of our football team, and I can't see Vince throwing 36 passes like he did in the first game in Jacksonville last year.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

teams will still stack the line against Young. Teams know that passing is his biggest weakness not his running.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

They knew that last year and we still had a pretty effective running game once Vince got in the line-up.

The threat of Vince running on the outside forces the ends and OLBs to not cheat inside, so even when teams put 8 men in the box, there are running lanes to be had inside.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I expect Scaife to have a big day. Maybe 5-7 catches for 60-80 yards. Nothing too flashing, but getting us some production when we need it. A few good dump offs to slow down the D and we can get into a groove.

9. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

that's good, call us all idiots

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar