This is NOT year one of re-building

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Here's a few to support riverman.

5th in Rushing offense isn't bad. Running game wins football games. We had the best punt returns in the NFL, and tied for most punting TDs. We finished at 10th in the NFL in giveaway/takeaway ratio.

There aren't many where we're great, but those three are important ones.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

If you don't think Vince Young and Pacman Jones will be consistant playmakers for years to come, then you must not think they're going to be here.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

or "They are who we thought they were" :ha: sorry, couldn't help it

4. alzarius

alzarius Guest

hehe... some of the same people saying "stats this stats that" were preaching "stats mean nothing except the W and L's" not too far back :)

Guess it depends on which argument you are trying to make?

5. I don't believe stats are the be-all and end-all. But the fact is the Titans won with big plays that you just can't count on all the time.

Look at the Jags game. We had zero offense and the defense was nothing to write home about either aside from turnovers. But we just happened to return 3 turnovers for defensive TDs.

Or the Philly game, where we had a couple of long runs by Travis Henry, a Pacman punt return, and an interception in the end zone, but the offense was terrible (VY should have thrown about 3 easy INTs that were dropped). But the Eagles played terrible on offense and lost McNabb, too. Had the Eagles played even decently we would have lost.

The Giants game we had no right to win and everyone knows it. We played like crap for 3 quarters and then had a historic comeback.

The win at Houston we totally got bailed out by VY, and the Texans are hardly a playoff caliber opponent.

Reality struck when we played the Patriots to end the season and got our butts kicked...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm just saying it isn't realistic to think that the Titans will always win games when they get hammered statistically as they did this season.

Look at just a few of our wins:
    • Kiwanuka has Young wrapped up and then lets him go among other unlikely plays.
    • Bironas 60-yard FG with a gust behind him.
    • Young overtime scamper.
    • Three defensive TD against the Jags.

I'm hoping it was the sign of more to come but I also think there has to be major improvements in a number of areas before the Titans are in a position to make a serious string of playoff runs.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I should have read your post before making mine.

This is my point exactly.

8. I'll forgive you this once. Just don't let it happen again... [​IMG]

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I was going to bust out the violin for you crazy kids, but someone removed the smilie.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Well duh, but so far our offseason has been a bust. Considering a Chris Brown return is proof of that.

I hear they set up safety nets outside the BSP windows last weekend.

"Travis Henry got what from the Broncos? Quick, get me Chris Brown on the phone!!!"

:whoop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar