This is NOT year one of re-building

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yes, we are what we are, which is the 27th ranked offense and the 32nd ranked defense in yardage, yet we finished 8-8 and ninth in the conference, how is that not overachieving?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We could break the stats down a hundred ways. My point is, your record is the ultimate stat (or indicator) because it is a sum of ALL statistics.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll say this; those stats are more based on how we started than how we finished. Now, we never seemed to dominate statistically, but we were effective enough to win a ton of games late, and conceivably could have finished 10-6 if game-ending plays go our way.

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

All those people saying that we are going about this smartly by not wasting cap money by signing these FA's, I don't want to see one, not one of you complaining this coming year if we stink and finish behing Houston at the bottom of the cellar. Vince can't play this game all by himself. He can't throw it to himself and run it in. He can't very well hand it off to himself every other down either. No we, aren't wasting cap money...we aren't spending it at all. Is that what we are supposed be believing, that we are positioning ourselves for a good top pick next year in the draft? No receiver that we draft this year is going to do much for us for a couple years and at out draft position there won't be much in the way of offensive help. Yes we need to work on our D but as long as Shwartz is running the D it won't matter who draft to help them. I don't want to see us in cap hell again but I also don't want to pay these jacked up prices for my season tickets to watch us stink all year either. I think MR got in the game too late and as stated by someone earlier, he is in over his head now. We'll see how this all plays out but as of right now, MHO is that we are in some real trouble for this coming year.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

will you be taking down names?

6. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I've already started and your name just happened to come up first. :))

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:ha: that guy has got to be jokin danny. mark it down my friend, we will NOT finish behind houston.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well I like to lead by example. :))

9. mitnibobo

mitnibobo Guest

this is purely speculation, but i get the impression that one of the reasons reese was ultimately let go is that the team was so up and down for so long, and i attribute a lof of that to the cap issues we had. in 2001 and 2004 we sucked because of injuries, but maybe if we had handled the cap more effectively, we could've had the depth to overcome those injuries and be a more competitive team. say what you want about bud as a person, but he's a passionate owner. he wants to win, and i think these past 2 seasons of being the youngest team, which obviously came about as a result of the salary cap purge, in the league really got to him. i think he wants to build this team for the long run, and as disappointing as all of this has been, if his plan, and reinfeldt's plan, is to build through the draft, keep our players (which seattle has been pretty solid at), and add a player or two to try to go to another level (julian peterson and deon branch in seattle). this is going to be ok. it's not like bud has been losing money and has ordered that reinfeldt not spend this offseason. i think the all-or-nothing approac we used to have could be gone. fiscal responsibility has worked for new england, philly, and pittsburgh. most of the franchises spending big this offseason really suck (tampa, san fran, minny, and buffalo, who won't even pay their best offensive player) we are going to be fine.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the CAp don't work that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar