This is an important FA season for us!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Old? He was graded the 2nd highest interior lineman only behind A. Donald. The guy is one of the top interior lineman , now whether he's affordable is a different story. Besides
    Casey he's better than anyone we have .

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Marshall is done. Like Randy Moss as a Titan level done.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

How do you figure when he's one year removed from 1500 yds and 14 TDS?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Again, he's a great player, but he'll be 31 before next season starts. You want to pay him $15+mil/yr for 6 years if he might only produce for 1 or 2 of them?

I'd rather try to get Brandon Williams who's 2-3yrs younger and is a rock at NT for $10-11mil/yr for 5 years. He has a chance to play well for 4or 5 of those years. if it's only 4, we can cut him and save cap in year 5. Makes more sense even though he's not as good a player. Less risk in on field production and less risk to our cap.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

He's still got 2 or 3 years left in the tank. Moss was a victim of a dumb coach, he could have been a real contributor on this team, but fishstache doesn't know how to throw the ball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

True, but nt is a much bigger need for us and there's going to be 3 guys that vould really help us in that spot in fa. I'd rather have poe, hankins or williams. But, after we get one of those guys, I'd def take a look at Campbell.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

He's in his mid 30', coming off several injuries, and he wasn't particularly dominant even when healthy last year.

Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens.... all were elite guys until they weren't. Marshall is cooked.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Steve Smith is a great example of being very productive past thirty. Terrell Owens had almost 1000 yds and 9 TD his very last year in the league when he was 36. I don't see how those examples help your argument. If anything they go against it. I'm not expecting him to be elite but I have no doubt he can still be very productive for 2 maybe 3 more years. He played with possibly the dysfunctional QB situation last season so pointing to his numbers last season as reasoning for his decline is ignorant.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Several injuries? He's missed 6 games in the last 6 years.
    He'd be a good vet signing. He's not done

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

Had at least a couple of injuries last year as well, though he played through them. Regardless, the point is the injuries, age, and last year's production are all red flags. He also had the 2nd most drops in the league.

If he wants to come here for 5 million or less, then sure, he's worth a shot. Otherwise, pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar