this is a touching story.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GMITTS, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

lol why are yall tripping cause i dont care what people do with their personal lives?

sorry i'm not nosy like you guys are. i really dont have the time to care what other people do when they arent playing football. they play the game for my viewing pleasure so other than that i have no use or feelings for any player.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Uh, given how many posts you have here, especially meaningless silly ones... I'd say "time" isn't your problem.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i am guessing by this comment you dont have kids in your life at all. not only do people care what these high paid high profile players do on and off the field, their kids do as well. many many many kids look up to these guys as heros or role models. so having a dude bring someone on stage at the draft who has a very very rough road ahead him, it shows kids to put others first and be greatful for what you have in this life, because in a blink of an eye, it can all be takin away!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Selfless act? What is he sacrificing bringing this sick kid to new york?

I'm one of those who expects rich and famous people to do things like this rather than kiss their butts for it.

Like princess diana who had nothing to do anyway spending 5% of her time with the less fortunate. Bravo great saint!

If a person has 10 coats and gives one away to a cold shivering person they ought not be applauded for that it is the least they can do.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

Selfless can mean doing something for someone else that doesn't benefit you...only them. This will benefit this kid because he will become part of the draft experience. Do you know that some celebrities lobby to be allowed to come to a day of spring training in baseball...just so they can live out a little fantasy of what it'd be like to be a baseball player? And those are adults with a ton of money. This is a very sick child.

And just because YOU don't think it'd be fun for YOU doesn't mean this won't make this kid's year! And you know this kid will be on espn and probably get the chance to meet, shake hands with, get pictures from, and talk to some of the biggest future stars of the NFL. Not bad!!!

So when rich people do something nice, they shouldn't be thanked for it cuz they're rich? So when Tony Gonzalez saves someone...he shouldn't be thanked cuz it was the least he could do?

When people do nice things, they should be thanked for it. At least that's how I was brought up.

And you might ask yourself...how many times did you go out of your way to help someone else and with nothing in return? How many coats have you donated to charity? How many weekends did you give up to help out some charity or community project?

How would you like someone to honor your giving by saying...it's the least you could do?

The least you can do is NOTHING. Curry is way beyond that! :)

Gut

6. jessestylex

i wish i was a caveman.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think it would be better for society if we all did pay less attention to what entertainers do in their private life. There's many unsung hero's we never pay attention to that are doing selfless acts of kindness everyday, not just in their spare time.

And there's many ways he could make the kid happy without also drawing attention to himself.

8. jessestylex

i'm not really one for debating, i like to stop things at the source. just like why feed the starving children in Africa? kill the problem at the source and give out free condoms and birth control.

if everyone really wanted to improve life in the world, stop spending billions on sports and pointless past times and spend every dime on medicine and research to cure life threatening illnesses so that we wouldnt have rich people wanting to help a few lucky sick people. What exactly is the worlds top priorities?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How do we know it won't benefit him? It actually could in a big way and has impressed the hell out of you already. Maybe it impressed the lions enough to make him the top pick. Maybe campbells was impressed enough to consider him for their next chunky soup guy.

This is not a grand sacrifice to give a kid a couple of plane tickets and sit next to him for 30 minutes during the draft. Take him out to pizza hut afterwards and whoa what a selfless dude!

Thank yes but kiss their arses and act like they are heroes or saints no. If tom cruise who makes $30M a year donates $200,000 to cystic fibrosis should i jump up and down and call him a great man?

I'm not anti rich at all but things are proportional. If i pull a couple of quarters out of my pocket and give it to my local library should i expect cameras and adoring media to chronicle the event?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is about the media because they will be talking about how wonderful and compassionate aaron curry is for an hour on national TV.

Curry's act of kindness is a very public one.

It's not selfless either why do you say that? Curry's sacrifice is equal to you or i buying a friend lunch. He is giving up nothing to do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar