This interview should end all the VY talk.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I am glad I didn't get to this thread first. By sitting back and waiting to see what everyone else thought, I felt I might be able to go with the flow and say nothing about Vince. I have continuously defended Vince's abilities as a good player for us. My opinion of him hasn't in any way changed. Not from his faults or from the agendas of posters all around. I still believe in what he can do for us in helping score TD's. My biggest dilemma in Vince has become his inability to convey his message clearly. I saw a post about him needing to stop speaking, because he isn't good at it. I agree. That was maybe one of two solid responses from other Titan fans Ive been able to read from this thread. If Vince feels he is ready to play (and I'm sure he is ready to play) then fine. But are the Titans ready to let him play, because when Vince is 'playing' and not 'thinking' he is the best. He needed this time to clear his head, beginning when I saw the 'Mike Vick' in him trying to be a 'Peyton Manning' but actually looking like 'Chris Redman' late in 07 early 08. Fisher is probably seeing that too, and knowing Vince isn't a genius has made coach want to include him more as an athlete than a QB. I don't think Florida's Tim Tebo is a QB as much as he is an athlete, and that kid is insane (wins a lot doesn't he). He will likely be the next Vince of the league but Florida wisely utilizes their QB's running-back qualities making them a hard to beat team. We should keep Kerry as our QB (sad to say), since he will be a passer first runner second. The wildcat is an option for Vince and maybe is what he needs. I am still iffy about the formation but if Fisher says "you don't want to open against us" following comments on the wildcat then I'm ready to see it used featuring VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar