This interview should end all the VY talk.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

:ha::ha::ha::ha:

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Quit being so rude. Vince is very valuable. Every team needs a multi-millionaire clipboard holder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

While I like seeing him scramble too, I'd rather see him try to hit a WR or even throw it away (so we know he knows how to do that).

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

do you want to know what interview will end the vy talk??? the one he doesnt do.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good interview, he said all the right things.

A 26 year old drop back QB still has most of his career left but a running QB is already middle aged. He is right to not want to waste his best years as a backup.

I can't understand why there is so much emotion over this guy. Emotion causes retarded comments to flow forth and some with a touch of racism.

I personally do not care about vince's public speaking skills they are meaningless. What he does with a football in his hand is what matters to me. He said he would work hard in his role and i believe him. This is baically a contract year for him so we should get his best.

I have to admit watching him run around in those practice clips got my blood going a little bit. We know he can run the ball.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Maybe it was because he wasn't in full pads, but he looked much quicker during those two scrambles than in recent seasons. He looked more like Longhorn Young than 2nd & 3rd year QB of the Titans Young.

Young's success as a passing QB relies on his ability to make the defense respect his scrambling ability. Most of us have came to the conclusion that he will never be a great pocket passer. He will need the defense to focus on other things, like his scrambling ability or the threat of CJ taking off for a 60 yard dash, in order to do well. So it is imperative for his career that he gets better at reading defenses and trusting his judgment, so that when no one is open he can use his quick feet to gain 10-15 yards.

Maybe by the time he is in his late 20's or early 30's, he MIGHT mimic some of McNairs ability.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

easy to look good in practice when an LB is not going to knock you senseless

8. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I agree! That practice looked more set up for getting reps in rather than running a specific play.

Nonetheless, he looked more comfortable, IMO.

If the coaching staff can help him get his confidence back in his instincts as well as helping him to become a better passing QB; he could be a good player for us.

It really just depends on him and how bad he wants the starting job and it doesn't end there. Once he has it, he has to keep that desire to be the best he can be.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Because LBs have been known to catch him on a regular basis? :suspect:
    Aside from Merriwoman's suspect cheap shot on him from behind the season before last, I don't recall any LBs catching him when he took off running.

And if you noticed, no one even touched him when he took off running in practice.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I guess you didn't realize he was wearing a red jersey (no touchie the QB) and both (#56) Allred and (57) Stamer were going going about half speed, did you? :moon2:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar