This franchise is content with mediocrity.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JefPlusF, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah I understand the salary cap. Somehow the bustling metropolis of Green Bay, Wisconsin is making it just fine. I'm talking about management philosophy. Yankees make moves to win, and let guys go in a heartless fashion for under performing. Titans keep Mike Munchak, a dude who should have never been hired, after one of the worst seasons in franchise history.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's like I am explaining things to small children.

Comparing the Yankees to the Titans is apples and oranges.

You realize the Yankees spend more money than every other MLB team. They are also more profitable because there are more Yankees fans. There are also more people living in NY than TN, just incase that needed explaining as well.

Yeah they "make moves to win". Moves that are impossible for the Titans to do because of the salary cap.

DUH

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oranges are still fruits, the Titans are more like vegetables.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

There's a rumor that Munchak sent Michael Griffin to Jack in the Box to get tacos for the team during practice one day.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I heard he got himself a kids meal.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If there is any franchise content with mediocrity, it's this one. The manning deal was a way out, but since that's fallen through.. he kept Munchak, when better prospects are out there... namely EVERY other candidate.

Bud and his henchmen in the front office do not make the necessary moves to get in a winning position.. ala VY, Fisher, Munchak, Cecil.. Extending griffin...

It's not that they're content with mediocrity purposely... they are just faithful to their people to a fault. A good owner of any company knows when to cut ties with employees.. bad owners stay loyal to employees that suck them dry..

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I just hope this off-season brings:

Either 2 new starting guards or 1 new starting G & 1 starting C
    A impact pass rusher, or a run stuffer (either DE or DT)
    depth at CB
    New starting SS (Babineaux & RoJo suck)

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I don't think this franchise is content with being mediocre. I don't think it ever has been. I think it's been run very poorly the last 8 years and that's something we're still seeing. I don't think Bud has all of his eggs in one basket anymore and he's hurting more than he's helping. We could go into all the things he's done since Steve left that dont make a lot of sense but there's really no point. When I say mediocrity would be an upgrade, what I mean is this team sucks and getting back to 8-8 would be an accomplishment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly.. It's not that Bud doesn't care about winning.. he just doesn't know how to run a winning franchise, or hire people who assist in that process.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

lol you just try to refute every post I make because for some reason you have some little butt-hurt grudge against me. The Yankees salary has been decreasing over the past 3 seasons, they spend slightly more then other teams, and lots more then teams that aren't dedicated to winning. They are aggressive in the free agent market, and they fire guys who don't get it done. That's where the Yankees and Titans are light years apart.

The NFL shares revenue, has a salary cap, and a mandatory expenditure of 90% of said cap. No move is impossible; every team has the same amount of money to start with before they sign anyone, and they all share profits with each other. The population of the state of the team is completely irrelevant. Green Bay, Wisconsin, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Foxboro, Massachusetts are all tiny markets, and all home to three of the most consistently dominant teams of the past 2 decades (6 SB rings since 1996). Poor management and complacency in the face of mediocrity got us here. Not our market size or salary cap room.

So...you pretty much don't know wtf you're talking about. As usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar