This draft is fools gold !

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cutter10, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I haven't seen a draft like this in a long time, as always the Mel Kipers of the world have picked the so-called best players college football has to offer, but after Trent Richardson-Robert Griffin-Justin Blackmon-Andrew Luck and you can add a couple more, it gets a little cloudy, this draft has blown up lots of players and left out what will turn out to be steals in the latter rds. Titans should not get caught up looking at the glitter , the best prospects in this draft is the Offensive linemen, grab one with the #20 pick , then sit back and watch the real talent fall to you at DE/DT/WR , THAT THARS FOOL GOLD IN DEM MOUNTAINS.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I dont get the Trent Richardson love. Never have. Wasn't even the best RB on his own team.

He's like the current version of Ricky Williams.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i usually agree with what you have to say but that statement is bizarre....any reasoning behind your statement....we've been over this before richardson is better than ingram was and is the best all around back since ap came out...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Ricky Williams finished with over 10,000 yards and 26th all time even with throwing away a full year during the peak of his career. I will wait while you fashion your latest "double down on stupid" comment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I have no idea what cutter said, but...

...this made me :lol:

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This strikes me as a textbook case of someone reading a few mock drafts and then thinking he's a draft expert. Unless you are a pro-level scout, there is no way to really judge the relative value of a draft class. Heck, even the true experts end up being wrong most of the time when they start making comments about it being a "weak" or "strong" class. All that we have to judge these players in right now is hype and the opinions of a few guys sitting in their basements and crafting mock drafts.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

While some of this might be true... It's pretty easy to go find some game film and start paying attention to the details and make a decision..... The DT class is deep, not just because of "hype" .. I mean guys who could be in the first round in some drafts and in this one will be in the second. You don't have to pay attention to what the "experts say" to make an opinion.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Go back some years and look how many Pro Bowlers each draft has generated.

2000 - 31 Pro Bowlers
    2001 - 37 Pro Bowlers
    2002 - 25 Pro Bowlers
    2003 - 34 Pro Bowlers
    2004 - 31 Pro Bowlers
    2005 - 35 Pro Bowlers
    2006 - 37 Pro Bowlers
    2007 - 27 Pro Bowlers

2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 drafts are still too early to really judge, so we can look back at those drafts in a year or two.

Real question is, does anyone believe the 2012 draft will generate 32 or so Pro Bowlers?
    Not every player is fortunate enough to be that good so early, usually takes guys 3 or more years to find themselves and play to their potential.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No way to predict how many Pro Bowlers will come out of a class. Some classes that look weak end up being strong and vice versa. Lots of players end up as totally different guys a few years into their pro careers. It's a complete crapshoot.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree with the fact that just looking at it, this draft seems weaker than last years. Especially on the defensive line. However, this might be one of the strongest classes in years at the WR position. There will be first round talents that fall to the 2nd because this class is so strong. Alshon Jeffrey (whose speed has been questioned), Nick Toon, and Ryan Broyles will all probably slip to round two at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar